Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Random encounter rates

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Title says it all, I'd like to lower the random encounter rates in various dungeons, and I'm wondering what the best way to do it is. After poring over the bank C0 disassembly, I can see some relevant (but intimidating) functions I can mess with, but I can't help but wonder if there's an easier way, anyone mind dropping a hint on this one?
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The values found at C0/C29F (C0/C2BF for dungeons) dictate the rate at which random encounters are encountered. Lowering them should do the trick.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Isn't this virtually the same thing that can be done is usme in formations>zoning? Or if not, the usme way of doing it seems more practical to use if you want to change the encounter rate for specific monster packs and/in dungeons. Unless you mean to change the actual encounter rate for the normal, less, more, and even more encounter rates, in which case editing the code that Dakkhen pointed out is the way to go.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I was looking for a global solution, but it's nice to know it can be controlled in more than one way! Thanks for the advice, both of you.
  Find