Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVII Limit Breaks, Submarine, Materia, etc

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okies, here is a bit of a barrage of questions, so here goes:

I am intending to have Limit breaks work like FFVIII, so when you have the "Near Fatal" status you can use them, how would I go about implementing this?

Also, in FFVII you had a submarine you could dive with; would it be possible to use the WoR as the undersea regions, say have a certain button change you from the Wob (surface) and the WoR (underwater)?

Regarding materia, in VII you had 3 pieces of equipment, Weapon, Armor, and Accessory, in VI you have R-Hand, L-hand, Head, and Body plus up to 2 relics. I am intending to reduce that to Weapon, Armor, and 2 materia slots, plus 2 accessories. A full implementation of VII's materia system will likely be impossible, but I would like having a red materia add the summon command, and green the magic command, etc. I know certain gear can add/change your battle commands so it should be doable. I was thinking you learn magic from the materia, but can only use it if its equipped, say learn cure 1 from the heal materia, but only be able to use it when a green materia, regardless which, is equipped.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Again I have to bring you bad news, the activateable skills while near fatal will not be possible unless you have major skills in coding (and i dont know if even then It is doable)

About the Submarine thing, Considering how debug mode works It should technically be possible But it would probably be easier to find an appropriate gameshark code than actually hardcoding the function into the rom.

About the last Question I cant rly tell you anything but from what I read it should be doable. But this too will definitely require at least intermediate/advanced coding knowledge.
  Find

Status
None
DEBUG MODE!? Please tell me of this, I have searched pretty hard looking for a debug mode code/mod for VI.

As far as needing coding knowledge that's not such a problem as you may think, I may be a bit of a n00b to romhacking, but not to programming lol. I can learn, just a matter of knowing where to look. Yeah, I just found a patch that allows you to learn magic from your relics, perhaps I can work back from that.
  Find

Status
None
My bad the game doesnt seem to have a discovered debug room, I was assuming off most games dbug. Well then I guess finding a code for a press button to warp function is the only reasonbable way. My bad.
  Find

Status
None
~sigh~ and here I thought I had stumbled onto some useful info. I searched high and low for a debug code, lol. Dang that sucks Laugh
  Find

Status
None
haha man Im rly sorry to disappoint its about the first game i came across that has no debug function discovered =( Though Finding a"button to activate" should be pretty easy.

1: Search the whole memory. then press a button that is unused on the worldmap and has a function somewhere else in the game and search the memory again. Then narrow it down to what happens in the memory when this button is pressed.
2: write down the relevant code lines
3: Repeat while being in airship
4: Create an exit from Wob to wor and vice versa and doo the same thing. Search before entering it. Then enter it, and then seach for changed values. Repeat until itzs narrowed down.
5: Combine the relevant lines correctly and you have your code.

This will take 2 hours tops, as narrowing such generic things can be tedious and combining too, but Its 100% doable with this way.

And then just force players to use the code when playing your mod and It should work just fine.

Hope this helps (it wont if you knew how to find codes before).

Cheers and sorry anyway, John.

*edit* if you dont know about code finding and something i said is unclear just pm me and ill explain further. If i had enough time I would find it for you because I am 100% positive that such a code is easily findable, Right now I just dont have the time. If this topic is still of matter by the beginning of january, Ill find the code for you.
  Find

Status
None
Actually your entrance/exit idea is very interesting...
If I were to create ports for the sub like in VII, and then have an exit into the WoR right outside of it, exiting the port would "dive" you. Placing these same ports on the WoR with exits to the WoB would surface you. Granted you would not be able to dive anywhere, but it should do the trick, right?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(12-17-2012, 02:14 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: I am intending to have Limit breaks work like FFVIII, so when you have the "Near Fatal" status you can use them, how would I go about implementing this?

You could have a command that replace the fight command when the character is "Near Fatal". You only need one command in reality. You just have to make a switch on the character number and call the good (already existing) near fatal move. When the command has been use, you switch back to fight or stay in that state until the character is in normal state.

(12-17-2012, 02:14 PM)ntzrmtthihu777 Wrote: Also, in FFVII you had a submarine you could dive with; would it be possible to use the WoR as the undersea regions, say have a certain button change you from the Wob (surface) and the WoR (underwater)?

You could set entrance like you say an set/clear the WOR event bit depending in which of the world you are in each port. That should do the trick.
  Find