Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
completed FF6 Vanilla NPC sprites

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
Hello everyone,

It's been years since i messed with this stuff but noticing that its possible to use all 16 colors now I couldn't resist trying a few.
I'll be posting several sprites as I finish but first will start by improving the ones I did years back before 16 colors was possible.

First: Rachel, restored to use the original palette. I also improved several of the frames that with more experience now, thought were sloppy. So here she is.

[Image: ff6-rachel_16colors.png]

Next: Gau, dressed up in that suit to visit his father. I altered a few things, such as the hair giving him the messy hair from his normal sprite as i think it somehow looks better. This one of course also requires the enabled 16 color palette.

[Image: ff6-gau_suit_16colors.png]

Next: Katarin of Molbiz, The original sprite used a different color palette however I think the palette best suited to those with brown hair is of course the same palette that locke's uses. It may need one or two tweaks (im not that fond of the current "critical" stance if some one wants to fix that one by all means please do) but its completed. This requires the enabled 16 color palette.

[Image: ff6-katarin_16colors.png]
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Zozma for this post:
  • Catone (11-26-2015), Raakone (09-08-2021)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
very nice zozma, i will be creating a temporary submission place here in the forum this weekend. good to have you back

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Vampire
Thank you! I'm excited about being able to use 16 colors on these and them working properly.

The gallery is letting me upload images. Is there another place they also get submitted? (lol its been years since I've been on, I'm still a bit lost)
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
well the spriters database is where they used to go but that's not gonna get sorted till next year, i will make a sub forum in the spriters exchange this weekend. great to havea skilled spriter back a lot of your old work is legendary around here Smile

Status
Vampire
Also I just noticed that in ff3usme there are bugs in which tile is displayed in a few frames of the sprite editor for any "full" sprite 16-21 (Leo-Kefka) and when you export it a different set of frames is messed up.

Am I using an older version?
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
that you are you will be wanting rouge version

Status
Vampire
ugh working from the work pc it cant unzip 7z lol smh. ill deal with those later

Working on a new Vargas and Old Woman. still gotta get everything to battle palette standard

stupid me I didnt grasp the details of the patch. expect revamp of previous sprites
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-27-2015, 12:34 AM)Zozma Wrote: Am I using an older version?

6.70 is the current version. There is a know bug with a bottom sprite tile if I remember correctly.

(11-27-2015, 01:03 AM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: that you are you will be wanting rouge version

Please James, tell me what is "FF3usME ROUGE" Tongue
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
At least I'm not the only one who calls it that heh.
And I think James's talking about the version Lord J never officially released to the public, 6.71.
Since he's most likely never going to release another version, I wonder if he'd be okay with us hosting it here.
It's main improved feature being the sprite editing window... There's no new bugs or anything with it, been using it for years now.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-26-2015, 11:19 PM)Zozma Wrote: The gallery is letting me upload images. Is there another place they also get submitted? (lol its been years since I've been on, I'm still a bit lost)

The Gallery is a sad and desolated place that will be removed in the next update. You're better uploading your sprite on imgur or another image hosting service.

That been said, I'll be working later in December on a submission page (after the update) for hack, documents, patches and sprite, a bit a la RHDN but not as elaborated in the beginning. This should be available in January.

(11-27-2015, 06:14 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Since he's most likely never going to release another version, I wonder if he'd be okay with us hosting it here.

You should send a email to Lord J about this.
  Find