Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
completed FF6 Vanilla NPC sprites

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:And I think James's talking about the version Lord J never officially released to the public, 6.71.

Wait a second... i own 6.7.0 since 2 years at least(before i joined) and this thing was never mentioned anywhere for all this time??? Surprised

Does exist a link to it, in his site at least?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-27-2015, 06:14 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: At least I'm not the only one who calls it that heh.
And I think James's talking about the version Lord J never officially released to the public, 6.71.

Good job. Now please send a pm to everyone with that version Tongue
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
and he did :/

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
That buys me some time to update these sprites, gonna swap rachels use of palette 0 with palette 4. seems i can sacrifice less of the original look that way. also I guess I either gotta do away with katarins pink ribbon or the blue on her dress. then the old woman sprite, i wish they hadnt used more than 12 colors on the townsfolk
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Yeah, still limited to 12 colors, and the special colors have to be in their places (skin, outline, etc).

Still allows for more diversity since they don't have to be the same 12 for every sprite on the palette.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Vampire
Hmm do i have a wrong version of this patch or am I doing something wrong? I've limited a sprite to 12 colors counting the 2 skin tones, transparent, and the outline and Its still not working.

I managed to get the first color of one of the palettes to show up in battle but the second color doesn't.

or do i have to use all 4 of the limited colors for it to work right?
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
Quote:Please James, tell me what is "FF3usME ROUGE"

...The ROUGE edition is the best. I hear 7.2 is supposed to have eyeliner support.

But here, I did up some quick edits to show you guys some of the new features. Made using the Rouge edition of FF3usME:

[Image: fuuuu.png]

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Status
Vampire
Alright well i give up. Im gonna have to go back to not using those last 4 colors. even the test sprite that came with the patch isnt working... oh well
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
First question, where did you get the patch from? Might be one of the less than final copies.

Second, yes all four of the required colors count towards the 12, regardless if they are used.

It is a very highspeed patch, does alot of really fancy stuff that forces it to be very picky, the correct version does work though, I've got proof posted around here somewhere. Will look after I get to work, and see if I've got a version that works on a normal rom.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Vampire
Nevermind, I got it! after re reading the readme I realized why this patch is so great for that elimination of loading time the first time.

I Will re-submit the 3 above sprites and more now that I can finally properly test. (I just completed Vargas as well, just gotta test him)

Old lady is next followed by the generic little boy and girl

silly me, i was trying to test it but didnt realize that it saves the data the first time you play and any other playthrough wont alter that characters palette assignment.
  Find