Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
completed FF6 Vanilla NPC sprites

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Vampire
That would be a perfect spot idea for that unused frame by the tent i think.

also, these two are done both with palette 4.
I think Rachel looks WAY better. I love that palette patch for things like these, i think the quality improves. These two have been tested witn that patch and work perfectly.

[Image: ff6-rachel_16colors.png]

[Image: ff6-vargas_16colors.png]

A minor setback happened when i used that 'zonedoctor' to set the proper color palettes to match the changed actor palettes during events. saving the changes the game just crashes. good thing that doesnt affect spritesy
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
Quote:I think the default looks like hes wearing a banana costume lol)

^ THIS. Laugh Guh. I know it's supposed to be reminiscent of a Haz-Mat suit, but the in-game sprite always reminded me of a traffic cone. ...and instead of a jacket, it turns out looking like a creepy latex bodysuit. **shudder**

anywhoodle here's some Tactics Portraits that already exist. (Cyan's is done by darkholme on ffhacktics, Shadow's is done by Lijj, and the Terra one is a WIP that I'm assembling currently.)

[Image: fuuuu.png]

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Heh, always got a kick out of the whole "no nose" thing in FFT.

Still, I'm really digging that idea. Wouldn't be overly difficult to have something for every sprite going that route.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Vampire
If you had a ton of full sprites in the game, in order to make all the portaits match well its best to just have it point at a sprite pose. portaits are ideal but would be a big undertaking...

no i noticed one bug with that patch... the save menu.
the green on rachel for example is missing but the pink on katarin isnt. those colors both being in the last four, i dont quite get it. but still im happy that they work right in battle. (i also updated daryls magic stance as i did a lazy job the first time years ago lol)
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-30-2015, 07:07 AM)Zozma Wrote: A minor setback happened when i used that 'zonedoctor' to set the proper color palettes to match the changed actor palettes during events. saving the changes the game just crashes. good thing that doesnt affect spritesy

Zone Doctor event editor seems to be behaving weirdly in a lot of ways. I wouldn't trust it to edit events, but the level editor is quite robust since it is based on FF6LE.
  Find

Status
Vampire
Level editor? ok thanks for the info, see all i want to do is make the sprites use the right overworld color palettes. I cant even chance a palette assignment there without wrecking my rom it seems lol good thing ive done nothing technical so far just sprites.

Example I swapped Daryl and Setzer places and although her actor is assigned the new overworld palette correctly, the npc versions of her for cut scenes still uses palette 4 ack... lol

Crap, is there a version of level editor rogue thats not in 7z form? i need a regular zip. my work pc cant open 7z lol

rogue is the version i need right. dont wanna ruin my rom and all

So I was bored and decided to experiment with with the mog/umaro palette, in the end i gave in and modded the colors but I bet I could still reduce the use of the colors. It's Katarina based off of the bokuno hack version, in her noble outfit from Romancing SaGa 3

[Image: 41_01_12_15_2_29_32.png]

Double posting, however after attempting the old woman sprite I realize that one must stray from the original design in order to utilize the extra palettes. therefore I may take slight 'creative turns' when making these full sprites...

Most of the NPCs use all or nearly all of the 16 color palette because when they were made they knew they wouldnt be used in battle. Even the skin tones are used as light hair shades and gold trims on clothing (I use these tricks too, even though i know poison and berserk make them look odd) but i urge you! random citizens of ff6! rise up against your palette limitations and fight! lol
  Find

Status
Vampire
Ugh what a difference a single wrong pixel makes with this patch, fixed a few errors with Rachel and Gau, looks like I got Katerin right. also an update, almost finished with the Old Woman full sprite.

What other NPCs have full sprites? I know the scholar, Figaro guard, and Adult man have them right? Cid, Drako, Maria have them as well.

The little boy and girl are next but what else
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Did the old man full sprite have been done already?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Vampire
Not to my knowlege, nor the blacksmith/shopkeeper sprite
  Find

Status
Vampire
Alright i updated my old "barbarella" sprite from a project long ago. This sprite is using a modded palette 5: Mog/Umaro/Ultros/Chupon there is no rearranging of the default colors here but I did turn the duplicate white/bluegrey into human skin tones. and replaced the extra white and the brown into the greens. its possible to make the other palette 5 sprites appear as normal with slight modification. (i already made Mog work with this palette)

[Image: other-barbarella_16colors.png]
  Find