Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum update and submissions

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 55
Status
Tissue-aware
I've been working on the new 1.8 forum upgrade for a week now and I've installed some new feature that I can reveal today:
  • Mood selector (150 choices) Changed for status selector (200 choices!)
  • Add (private or public) messages on profiles
  • Updated Thank you system (actual thank you count will be carried with upgrade)
  • Avatar galleries (we had the feature on 1.6 but it was not used)
  • New smilies
  • Option to give post reputation
  • Post/Thread tags
  • Profile views stats (last visitor and visitors count)
  • New shoutbox (Displaying date and avatar)
  • Thread last poster avatar and thread creator avatar displayed in forums. (Too much work, canceled :/)
  • Enhanced Video Embeder
  • New MyCode tags (hide post content to guests among other stuff)
  • Default MyBB 1.8 upgrades (lots of minor things)
  • Many small fixes in the FF default theme (e.g. polls on normal threads)
  • NEW! Alert system
  • NEW! Imgur button in post page to upload instantly videos and images.
  • NEW! Icon font available to users.

Update (11/06/2015)

What will be gone with the update:

What we be done after the update in a 2.0 update (probably around Chrismast):
  • New Sprite Database
  • Submission form for users to submit patches, documents or hacks
  • New music player

Right now, if you want to submit new smilies idea for the upgrade, you can submit the sprite with text to replace:

e.g. [Image: p.png] text: objection

The second option is to submit smilies ideas that we could do from scratch in this thread.

Secondly, we are open to avatar galleries idea, you can link the gallery (images zipped) or just give what you'd like to have with a link to sprites or images. The galleries would be VG oriented but we are open to other ideas as well.

After all, the forum is driven by its users, so we'd like to have things you like on it. I'm also open to features suggestions, as long as they are within a reasonably scale in terms of coding and feasibility.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-16-2015)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Forum needs a button that sends a case of beer directly to my door
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:Forum needs a button that sends a case of beer directly to my door
Epic post Laugh

Quote:Mood selector (150 choices)
What is it?

Quote:Option to give post reputation
In the same way of ID site? i don't like it very much, but whatever...

So Jameswhite and Catone was talking about making a weird kind of a new representation of avatars(it has something to do with equips/monster/colosseum) it sounded to me quite difficult to implement, but the way James was talking about it was almost make it look easier to do... since i don't remember well you should ask him to know what i'm talking about...

About smilies... i'd suggest you to use the NPC/allies still unused, expecially Shadow and Strago

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 155
Status
Nattak\'d
Mood selector - think Facebook. Can select a mood how you are feeling, from angry, to stoned lol. Shows up under your post count there on the left. It's kinda superficial, but, some might enjoy it.

I do agree about the post reputation, I actually hate it at ID. Maybe we can discuss this one further first...

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Atma
Yeah, if not Gi Nattak who can tell better than him the greatest flaw of reps to posts? according to whether someone has a grudge with you or not, your reputation might be destroyed and it wouldn't be anymore representative of you...

Until now i feel like the current reputation system in FF6hacking.com is the best i've ever seen on internet

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Feels like I've got some brilliant forum suggestion right on the tip of my keyboard... but nothing.

Anyway, I do have one concern/question. While the current shoutbox does kinda run together as a wall of text (I view it on my phone 90% even when I'm at my computer, so small screen has some to do with it granted) but my concern is, will the display of an avatar and date clutter the chat, compaired to the current minimalist, streamlined, shoutbox?

Sure, I'm just guessing here because I really don't know what it will look like, and having anything to break up the text should make it easier to read by adding some color. But as I said, will it be to much something and will the extra stuff make it take up considerably more space?

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I think it'd be cool if we featured/hosted Beyond Chaos tournaments here, and have an official looking bracket on the main page.
It can become like an eSport and you guys can become famous.

Something like this that we could update:

[Image: NEiRVt3.png]
[Image: IxlfcsW.jpg]

Please excuse the crudity of this model.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Tenkarider (10-16-2015)

Status
Atma
Hey, but that's...... SUPER COOL! Surprised
Actually i like even the retro version... that's a neat idea, just do it!

PS. that "speed racer" might be you Gi Nattak, why not?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
(10-16-2015, 03:51 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: Hey, but that's...... SUPER COOL! Surprised
Actually i like even the retro version... that's a neat idea, just do it!

PS. that "speed racer" might be you Gi Nattak, why not?

I wish it was me, I'm pretty sure my streaming might be too crappy due to my graphics card, but I need to do some more testing before I can be sure. Maybe I can jump in on one of the next ones sometime and see how it goes. madsiur's been helping me out understand it all and get set up. I really want to participate!

But yeah, glad you agree with the idea. Watching you guys play on multitwitch I realize it's like watching an eSport, thanks to the incredible randomizer.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 55
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-16-2015, 01:57 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: In the same way of ID site? i don't like it very much, but whatever...

I don't like the like system either. In the new forum update, user will have reputation given by members (what we have right now) and post reputation, where with a "rate" button on post_bit (under the post where "edit post" is) you can give a "+1" post reputation to the user. Both are treated differently and they are shown separated in the user's reputation page. Now the question I ask myself is if they are added up in the number we see in post_bit (under the avatar and user stats next to the post).

On a side note, I removed the option of giving minus reputation in both cases for all user groups and admins will be capped at "+1" like regular users.

(10-16-2015, 01:57 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: So Jameswhite and Catone was talking about making a weird kind of a new representation of avatars

If I remember well, it involved Colosseum battles which means coding a battle system, making animation, sounds and this is where I stopped reading :P

(10-16-2015, 01:57 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: About smilies... i'd suggest you to use the NPC/allies still unused, expecially Shadow and Strago

Noted!

(10-16-2015, 11:08 AM)catone Wrote: While the current shoutbox does kinda run together as a wall of text (I view it on my phone 90% even when I'm at my computer, so small screen has some to do with it granted) but my concern is, will the display of an avatar and date clutter the chat, compaired to the current minimalist, streamlined, shoutbox?

[Image: shoutbox_zpsary3jf3m.png]

The avatar doesn't take much space. The "E" (Edit) and "X" (Delete) are available to admin, not sure is regular users have those since I haven't tested it with a regular account. The date does take space, but I can set the format to anything supported by the php date() function. All those elements are removable if necessary, event the shout himself. I already tweaked it reducing the font size and avatar size because it looked damn ugly in the beginning.

Edit: I'm also considering limiting a shout to 80-100 characters, because seeing 10 lines shouts is kinda annoying IMO. (at least it is for me :P)

(10-16-2015, 03:44 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I think it'd be cool if we featured/hosted Beyond Chaos tournaments here, and have an official looking bracket on the main page.

This is somewhat easy to do, given it would be HTML in a pinned post, announcement or event a static <\div\> on portal.php or index.php that you edit directly in the templates when there's a winner or a new tournament.
  Find