Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Forum update and submissions

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I added a few custom non-mandatory profile infos as shown next. Each field will require a minimum of 5 posts to be able to fill them (5 posts total, not 5 per field for a total of 30). Now the big question is: Should we let guest be able to see them on the profile page? I can restrict each of them to members only or any other group.

I believe that those account are not like facebook where your private life could be somewhat exposed (if you share personal stuff and have a public profile). Speaking of facebook, I pondered with the idea of putting it there along twitter but changed my mind after a while thinking those two fields would not be filled a lot by users. If there is a demand for it, I could put them there.

Edit: The screenshot is from the user CP page. In the profile page viewable by other users, accounts name with a valid name will appear next to the logo. Clicking on any of both will redirect the user to the correct page. As an example, if I click on Gi Nattak YT logo on his profile, I will be redirected to his YT account (in another window), unless his account name is not valid.

[Image: profile.png]

Edit2: With the help of the FF Wiki, google and C#, I was able to get all the FF Pictologica monster sprites properly named and with transparent background in about 25 minutes. Some bosses (5 or 6) still show a tick white outline because that color is not pure white (255, 255, 255) like 95% of the rest of the background color. Those will be treated separately. Avatar gallery is taking shape! Next is Record Keeper and with Gi Nattak's permission there should be an ROTDS gallery as well.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
so cool. soz i wasnt around yesterday man.. me and the misses have got into game of thrones XD

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
Well damn, this is what I get for being absent.
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Nice work on the avatar gallery.

As for profiles, I wouldn't leave any of them open to guest, maybe not so far as buddies only, but definitely members. For who can fill those sections out, yeah five is a decent post count, maybe even one. If anything should be limited by post it should be the signature box. Could limit that to 50 and not hurt my feelings.

Adding facebook to that list of options, don't really matter one way or other. Not really directly related. That being said, you might add a field for "deviantart" pages on that additional info block. That is one that does direct relate to the site and FF material.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-09-2015, 05:30 AM)catone Wrote: As for profiles, I wouldn't leave any of them open to guest, maybe not so far as buddies only, but definitely members. For who can fill those sections out, yeah five is a decent post count, maybe even one. If anything should be limited by post it should be the signature box. Could limit that to 50 and not hurt my feelings.

I can't make the whole profile page of all users restricted to members but each user will have the option to limit the audience of his profile page (members, members + guests, buddies only, etc...). What I will do though is limit the custom fields I've created to members only. As for post count, 1 to 5 seems appropriate. I agree with signature post count thought I don't know if there is such an option. I will need to check that. What is possible in 1.6 (haven't checked 1.8) is manually disable a user signature for a period of time.

(11-09-2015, 05:30 AM)catone Wrote: That being said, you might add a field for "deviantart" pages on that additional info block. That is one that does direct relate to the site and FF material.

That will be done! The reason is isn't there yet is that I didn't had an icon and thus forgot about deviantart existence. :/
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I say profiles, ment the "additional information" part being hidden from guest.

My thought on the matter is less about actual guest, but more aimed toward former members. Even more specific, people that just got banned at looking to harrass using other contact information for other sites.

Granted, limiting such thing to members wouldn't prevent that entirely, just make it slightly harder to do than clicking a profile. That being said, personally don't have anything anybody could stalk me on (seriously why would anybody bother stalking me anyway), and I don't have any fear of retaliation from someone I hit with the ban hammer (largely due to the fact I don't HAVE that hammer). So truthfuly that would be better decided by people that actually have personal information and profiles in other places, rather than me.

Was just giving my opinion on the matter, and making a suggestion. Again, better input would come from people that had information to show or hide. And yes, way to long a post just to say "I don't have a right to say anything on the matter"... sorry about that, really.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I agree with Catone.
"Someone" among the admins should know that quite well...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(11-11-2015, 03:19 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: "Someone" among the admins should know that quite well...

lol, that was so uneccesary...
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
New tentative banner (by JamesWhite)

[Image: newbanner.png]

So, what are the opinions? Too crowded?, good?, too wide?

I personally like the vanilla side vs hacked side. Maybe there is a bit too much in there and we could lower the sprite numbers, otherwise I find it pretty cool.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
You know what? I like it! You have my vote for it. Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find