Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Forum update and submissions

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Shoutbox I can see working. The avatar should break it up a bit and doesn't look to create an eyesore at that size. After looking at it I do have to ask, is the date really needed there? It doesn't look to take up to much space or get in the way, I just mean, is it needed at all? The character limit, while it would be nice not to need/have shouldn't be an issue either. The reason I mention both together is, generally speaking if the shout is that detailed or technical, or is something that should be dated, it kinda justifies a forum thread anyway. Shoutbox= short answer questions or just general conversation. Nothing that really needs to be logged, or long. No complaints eitherway though, just saying.

As for post rating stuff, the only thing about it that ever bugged the hell out of me was people that beg for ratings on every post, or even go so far as to put in their signature, a request for "bump my rating if your reading my post". Course, I've yet to see that here so long as everybody doesn't go nuts it should be just fine.

As for that idea on fights and such, yes the programming side of it was always beyond the line of practical, if not beyond possible. A profile that was similar to a character status sheet, maybe but no point less there was something to do with it and again that's beyond resonable. In short? It was fun to dream it, but never had any hope for it to become reality.

All in all, looks to be shaping up as a solid upgrade and not a giant cluster f...

Good work and thanks for the updates.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-17-2015, 05:44 AM)catone Wrote: As for post rating stuff, the only thing about it that ever bugged the hell out of me was people that beg for ratings on every post, or even go so far as to put in their signature, a request for "bump my rating if your reading my post". Course, I've yet to see that here so long as everybody doesn't go nuts it should be just fine.

People don't go nuts with the reputation right now. Forum rules will be revised with the update, we could always add (disallow) what you mentioned in example but I don't see it as a future problem for now.

(10-17-2015, 05:44 AM)catone Wrote: After looking at it I do have to ask, is the date really needed there? It doesn't look to take up to much space or get in the way, I just mean, is it needed at all?

Really needed, no but it can be a good addition, as long as it works with different timezones (so a previous shout doesn't appear in the future for you). I can remove it any time, I think I'll leave it for now and see how it goes.

(10-17-2015, 05:44 AM)catone Wrote: The character limit, while it would be nice not to need/have shouldn't be an issue either.

You can always split a longer shout into two shorter ones. If you need more than 400 characters to express something, it should belong in a thread i believe.

(10-17-2015, 05:44 AM)catone Wrote: Shoutbox= short answer questions or just general conversation. Nothing that really needs to be logged, or long. No complaints eitherway though, just saying.

As for logging there's an option of how many shout are kept in the shoutbox and how many in the history page. Right now 50 are shown in the shoutbox itself and 2000 in history page (which can be multipage) but the history page is disabled for now since I need to modify it a lot to make it work with the themes. It's not a priority for now but a "history" link will be available someday on the top right corner of shoutbox.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
While installing and creating a few new MyBB codes, I had the idea of making a twitch one but it turns out this already works (found here):

[url=http://twitch.tv/madsiur][img]http://streambadge.com/twitch/dark/madsiur.png[/img][/url]

Which will result in this:

[Image: madsiur.png]

At the same time, I discovered that you can generate any imagelink by doing the following (which may not be a discovery for some of you): [url][img][/img][/url]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I made a video showing some of the new functionalities: https://www.ff6hacking.com/somestuff/somestuff.mp4

Some things don't work exactly as expected and/or need improvement and the theme still need CSS work. I was pretty confuse for a moment with quote inception that doesn't seems to show double quote in the new text editor. Finger

Edit: Easy image/videos upload: https://www.ff6hacking.com/imgur/imgur.mp4

Edit: Mention feature: https://www.ff6hacking.com/mrtest/mrtest.mp4
  Find

Status
Zombie
If it isn't to late, I was gonna purpose a new emote/smiley. Edgar chainsaw style.

[Image: latest?cb=20120526085002]

Although I'm not sure what to suggest it for it to be, maybe "edit"?

This one wouldn't hurt my feelings to see either.
[Image: latest?cb=20120513015255]

Again, not sure for what exactly maybe "beg", but sure they could both find a use. Just a suggestion.

Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
chainsaw sounds good.was thinking of adding a guitar to a sprite to to use as an emote

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
Yeah chainsaw Edagar is a good idea. The other sprite might be too big and clash with the rest of the emotes but. I'll test it and see what I can do.

(10-21-2015, 04:01 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: was thinking of adding a guitar to a sprite to to use as an emote

That is also a good idea.
  Find

Status
Zombie
Both of those were just straight google searches, was easier to link than try to describe so there might be (probably is) better versions out there. As for clashing, yeah Porom is from the PSP version, probably look pretty bad next to the others. That being said, the same sprite from the WII version isn't as pretty but may match better if its even worth it at all.

From here
Right hand side, 9th row down. Could cut it out of that full sheet easy enough, the real question still is, would it match and would it be.worth it?

And yes, guitar FTW, rock on.

Another possibility, a sprite wearing the "blind" status glasses. Such as:
Irvine - Record Keeper
For that matter, the one on the bottom left might make a base for a guitar sprite, despite not being FF6.

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Man, this Mr. Test guy is a douche to you Madsiur! What nerve, badmouthing your editor like that!

You only have three friends, apparently. Laugh Pretty cool that we have a buddy system now. I really like the notifications telling you that somebody had replied to your posts or mentioned you.

Interesting to see that we're going a more ID route with our reputation system.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I think we should have at least a time for the shout box. When I see, "BC Race in 3 hours" at 1:30, and it's 2:47 now, I can easily figure out that there's a race in 1h 43m. Assuming the time zone thing is easy to implement.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find