* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Bad news, it looks like Cecil's run didn't get archived. Unless he has a backup recording, the compiled video will be missing the winning run.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
he recorded it on his PC, appearently Madsiur is dealing with that...

PS. on a side note i actually realized that cutting out what happens before i start/finish my race my run actually lasts 2 hours and 53 minutes... yay! i made it in time!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Yeah, no, bad news, the run is lost, unfortunately. I've taken measures to ensure it never happens again.

It was the shortest run, and the lowest quality one, though, so at least it's not too big of a loss.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
Atma
what a shame...

about tweaking race to 3 door room rules, stay tuned that tomorrow(no time today) i'm gonna toss some possible alternative solution.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-05-2016, 04:19 AM)abyssonym Wrote: Bad news, it looks like Cecil's run didn't get archived. Unless he has a backup recording, the compiled video will be missing the winning run.

We have one run lost and another one really low quality (Lockirby). I say it doesn't really worth it to make a split video but you can always do it. However having the winning run missing is a big minus point IMO.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I had a blast, despite doing terribly. I know I'll do better next time, though.

I'm down again, anytime! Just let me know.
  Find

Status
Atma
ok, here's my possible suggestions to tweak the rules of a 3 door room race: (tweaks to the run away rule)

1) you can also run away from the battles on an area if you reached the next area
     Example: party B is in the first area, they reach the second area, now they can escape as much they want in the first area(that applies only to party B!)

2) you can also run away if you are clearly OP in that area with your characters and there's no chance to lose(and XP is lame at that point)

3) you have a budget of "free escape passes!" you can consume/obtain them(they don't exists in the game, i'll talk about this one later)

So i propos one of the 3 solutions... stay tuned for further details(gotta go to sleep now)

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm not entirely sure that the rules for running needed a tweak. The races were the perfect length and had the right amount of action in terms of combat. The only thing I don't like about the current rule is that there's no hard and fast way of deciding when you're allowed to run from battles, but I'm not completely broken up about that since the races are informal and just for fun.

Ruleset 1 is okay, but I think this will lead to weird scenarios where people rush to the end of the area just so they can go back and scavenge while running away, which feels unintuitive.

I don't like ruleset 2 at all; I think it's fair to punish players for not getting a move on and leaving the area when they are clearly able to move on. Besides, even when there is no chance of dying, there is still some strategy in figuring out how to defeat encounters as efficiently as possible.

I actually do like ruleset 3 as much as (or more than) our current rules. If we can pull it off logistically, that is. I think it might be tough to keep track of escapes, especially if a player escapes several times and then dies, presumably regaining the escapes they just spent. I can barely keep track of how many shops I've reached while racing, and I always save when I reach one so I never go backwards in the number of shops I have visited.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
We can define some standard about running away in case of danger: (just to give a better idea to everyone)
a) one enemy is able to cast an AoE spell that does at least around 50% (or more) than the max HP of the party;
b) 3 or 4 ally will die very probably from the next attack(AoE in particular);
c) the enemy is able to one-shot your allies(even not AoE);
d) you are in bad conditions and you meet an huge amount of enemies(more than 3 i guess, not weaklings of course)
e) only one ally is alive(i met one guy who puts in stone with his special in the first area, so you're never safe!)
f) misc situations(lol i know you're thinking this defeats all the purpose of make some standard, btw the ones above are classic conditions
    that i think justify an escape from the fight) some example of misc situation might be stall(a party of mages meet some guy with runic or reflect) 
    or negative statuses that will put in critical conditions the party even after the battle(one enemy who starts to put in imp status the party and you
    can't heal imp in any way)

I guess we can discard option 2, too much subjective in the end.

About option 1 i think that, aside some static room that lets you know you're going in the right direction, (like the rooms blocked until another group
unlocks them) you'll hardly know you're going toward the next area and not in a dead end, so rushing and then scavenge will probably backfire the racer, except in case of luck... 

About option 3 yeah, the worst aspect is keeping track of them... btw one idea to make it easier could be that you don't regain the number
of escape pass even if you die. here some extra info about option 3:
- each racer starts with 3 free escape pass;
- you can use a free escape pass ONLY as first action of a battle, otherwise you can escape only in case of danger;
- if you die you don't regain any of the previous free escape pass that you spent;
- if you find a new area for the first time in the whole race(death won't trigger again this) then you gain 2 extra free escape pass, there are 2 new 
   areas for each group, so this bonus can happen 6 times in total(max 12 extra free escape pass)
- if you find a new shop for the first time in the whole race(death won't trigger again this) then you gain 1 extra free escape pass, there are 3 shops
   for each group, so this bonus can happen 9 times in total(max 9 extra free escape pass)
- so if you add the starting 3 pass and all the other bonuses, the highest amount of pass you can gather is 24.

PS. we know that when the area changes, the music changes as well, please don't exchange Kefka tower extern song for a change of area, that's NOT a new area!!

NOTE: collecting pass is not a great idea, searching a shop just for a bonus will make you trigger way more than one fight. considering you're gonna do the whole path with all the 3 groups, 24 pass used all together won't be probably enough to cover even the half of the path of one group, even worse a monster who denies you to run away will probably lead to a gameover in this way.

Finally, i wanted to add a consideration about smoke bombs and warp stones... i don't remember if we ever discussed about them, anyway since they have to be bought(assuming a shop will even sell them) and are consumables(unlike manual escape or warp spell) ...how should we treat them? i mean, can we use them ignoring the run away rules?

Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
What's the current rule? Don't run? Has escaping been an issue in the past? All of these races are typically viewed live, right? So, it would be pretty easy to tell if someone was abusing escapes. I think I ran once last time, but I was also far behind.
  Find