* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
We should have a site clock that's set to GMT and use that for planning. Or something.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
yup, we need an universal time zone to use each time we set the hour.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
The calendar Madsiur is setting up, I believe, automatically converts posted events for whatever time zone a logged in user has set. Once we get that up, that would be the best way to coordinate. Get a staffer or myself to post the event once it's solidified.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Hi. Sorry. The last two days have been mega busy at work, haven't been able to keep up. I'm pretty sure I can do June 4 and at any time.

As far as the rules go, no I am not on point, but if you link me to a post or whatever I can get caught up.

I fully expect to get demolished at this, but I think it'll be fun nonetheless. "three door room" currently means nothing to me, but I'm sure I'll run a few and figure it out.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-24-2016, 07:40 AM)B-Run Wrote: The calendar Madsiur is setting up, I believe, automatically converts posted events for whatever time zone a logged in user has set.

Right now, you can only create a 12:00 AM UTC event. But timezone for the user is taken into account. I need to work on this. Hit
  Find

Status
Atma
@cpbaker: ok, here's the details in few points about BC races:

---------------------------------------- STUFF TO KNOW ABOUT BC RACES ----------------------------
- rules:
1) Savestates are forbidden;
2) AVG timelimit: 3 hours, on request it's possible to ask for 2 or 4 hours instead;
3) Speed up button is forbidden;
4) the seed to use is available only few hours before the race starts(no one have to play it before the race starts)
5) Reading guide, (only in shop milestones race) it's possible to read only the part about colosseum prizes, after the race starts, so you'll have to
sacrifice time in exchange of prize knowledge; (otherwise reading guide is forbidden)
6) it's possible to add optional custom rules on request sometimes, for themed races.

- type of races:
1) race to the 3 doors room - the goal is to reach the room where there are 2 "4t" weights, when the group that is in the central path of the
room manage to cross the central big door and to enter in the next room(after the other 2 groups pressed the 2 switches to oper that door)
     then that racer wins the race;

2) shop milestones race - the goal is to find the highest number of shops before the timelimit ends(there are 12 shops in total, 3 for each of the
      first 4 areas, 1 for each group), in case of tie the winner is the one who found his last shop before.
      One racer who managed to find all 12 shops and still has some time can attempt to finish the cave: instead of Kefka there will be 3
bossfights to do with 3 groups, if he manages to trigger the end cutscene event, then the timelimit doesn't count anymore and in case of
victory he is the winner; 
      in case of tie(another player manages to win the final battle) the winner is the one who won the final fight before(not the one who triggers
the final cutscene before!)
    PS. most of the times it's quite probable the racers won't have the chance of attempting the final battle.

- tournaments:
If there's enough racers(6 or 8), then it's possible to make race 3-4 racers among themselves(group 1) and so the same for group 2 in a different
day, the 1st and 2nd racers of each group becomes the finalists, so those 4 racers will race in the final stage.(the most suitable final stage i
think it's a 4 hours shop milestones race) 
  the standard format of a tournament(the choice of those 2 stages) is yet to define due to the release of racecave, which changed a lot the
previous situation(in any case it's possible to customize the format, on request, for themed tournaments) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post it in the OP when it will be 100% defined

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I'm in for this Saturday if that is still the plan. Rules look pretty straight forward and I'll try and do a few practice runs this week (unless you guys would rather I go in blind, hah!).
  Find

Status
Atma
Pratice as much you want, actually i should do it as well, i'm a tad rusty... but i lack of time  Sad

Find

Status
Atma
Ok, so tonight there should be BC race 'till the 3 doors room, now it's a good moment to confirm your presence at the race, racers.
Did we already decided the hour too? would you remind it to me in the case, pls?
(ugh i still have to test if all that shit i use to register a race works...  Hmm )

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-04-2016, 05:48 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: Ok, so tonight there should be BC race 'till the 3 doors room, now it's a good moment to confirm your presence at the race, racers.

I won't be able to attend as I got too much stuff going on this weekend. Also I don't think there was a time decided. If you manage to get 3-4 people could a non-racer record the Multi-Twitch for the ff6hacking YT channel? It would be great to have the race recorded, especially with someone (a racer) using his microphone...
  Find