Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-22-2015, 08:12 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Personally, I'd vote for:

Speedcave 2 hour shop race (it parallels our Kefka @ Narshe race in terms of length);

That's probably the only options viable for me if you want to see me racing. Two hours race or less are ideal for me since I don't think I can find a 4 hours time frame anywhere. Also, I don't think I'd had the motivation to go past a 150 minute race. That doesn't have to be the norm, if you guys prefer racing regularly for 3-4 four hours please do so. As for rules, I'm open to anything.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I'm okay with Lockirby's plan. That sounds balanced yet intriguing enough. I'd play it.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
We can try this type of race too, if you want... (especially for madsiur)

But then it comes a question in my mind: What in the hell did we talk about until now, in this whole week??

I mean, the whole discussion about guide and balancing and everything started because of all 4 hours of the finals, 1 hour was spent getting walled from bosses and so reading guide/exp curve/etc. would make it become feasible...

Abyss spent some of his time of the last days trying to meet our whims about a racecave just for that and reading those posts if i were in his shoes i'd tell: "is this a joke? Are you kidding, right?!?"
If you won't race for all 12 shops then there wasn't even need of a NPC farm, and all the next fix that Abyss is going to release, and instead of promoting 4 hours shop race it gets shrinked to 2 hours(at least with updates it was possible to get more than 9 shops in 3 hours)

Finally in 2/3 hours(3 hours in a switch race) Colosseum and his guide are both worthless: that time won't be enough to get strong to the point of beating the enemies that award you with elem. shields, the best would be farming elem. rods but all the other items and even better ones are found through the cave; it's also quite probable that you'll just lose because you wasted too much time, if you manage to win an elem. shield, probably you were already strong enough to steamroll both the 2 races you proposed in the latest posts.
And in a switch race Colosseum is totally useless.

So i'll ask it again:
What in the hell did we talk about until now, in this whole week??

PS. said that i can do it, at this point there's not even need to wait for Abyss next release if you wanna do that...
But please, i really hope you're not just gonna toss away 12 shops race(i mean, not even 3 hours?)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
When/If Racecave exists, we can figure out how to work that in. But it doesn't yet, so we might as well do this for now. I'm not ignoring Racecave, but unless I missed a discussion somewhere mentioning that it has been created already, we can't plan the next race around it. And I don't want to put pressure on Abyssonym to finish it at a specific time that we want to race at; he can take as long as he needs to.

Nor am I tossing the 12 shops format out the window. First off, once Racecave does exist, it will fit that mode better (which is honestly half the point of its conception, to make this mode work well!). Also, note that I'm not pushing my race format right now. If suddenly we do a 180 and everybody else decides they want to play a different format, I'd roll with that. Let's just see what everybody else has to say.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Sounds better...
Ok, it's fine for now: count me in.

At this point i doubt Jackimus and Mr.Entity will refuse, i mean... it was them who launched the idea of switch race, right?

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Double
I think it was me, actually.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
Page 21 (Mr.Entity)
Quote:RE: Racing on twitch with Beyond Chaos
I still think it should be the first person to get through the door. Also, I'm pretty sure neither atma nor the dragons drop save points in Abys'ssssss thing.

Unless you launched the idea while racing(perhaps i heard Mr.Entity saying that during a race, in the case i missed the moment in which you said it), the first post in which it was proposed switch race was made from Mr.Entity... anyway.

Speaking of which... it's been a while since he posted something, where is him?

Find

Status
Double
Yeah, you're right. I got mixed up because I thought of the same idea before it was posted but Andrew posted it first.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
As foretold, version 61 (now 61.1) has been pushed, and this update is a big one.

Changes to ALL cave modes:
  • Party member pickups now go straight into the party. If the active party is full, the character cannot be recruited.
  • All cave modes have (almost) guaranteed item shops in every zone.
  • All cave modes have more espers available in the early zones.
  • Temporary characters, such as Banon and Leo, are now recruitable. Some characters might be given additional commands that they wouldn't normally have.
  • Recruitable characters can appear in multiple places (they are much more common now).
  • One character may randomly leave the party, like Shadow. This character can be re-recruited within the dungeon.
  • The final cutscenes before and after the final battle were mostly cut.
  • An NPC on the airship will allow you to change your party, so you can view and set up your characters before entering the dungeon.

Changes specific to "speedcave" and "racecave":
  • Ghosts can only be recruited in these modes.
  • Rest stops can have up to 2 recruitable characters. Speedcave starts with 4-9 characters and race cave starts with 9-12 characters.
  • Party members can be swapped between teams at rest stops in "racecave" mode. To achieve this, each team is required to have a "party leader" that cannot be swapped.
  • Instead of endgame bosses, "racecave" mode concludes with a special boss rush sequence.
  • The "racecave" dungeon is about half the size of "speedcave" and exp requirements are approximately 2/3. Additionally, high level random encounters are less likely to appear.

I was considering adding some of the "racecave" features to "speedcave", but I'm going to hold off on that until after I see what kind of reception they get.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
awesome, it all sounds very fun! can't wait to try things out sometime soon, after a brutal weekend of working, hah.
  Find