Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
I never have issues with having to holding down the dash button wherever, i always do such, even on the gba titles where you can set dash to happen automatically.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
It's not my mod but I find adding the auto-sprint option to a bunch of items would make the Sprint Shoes uselss (if RotDS still has them) as well as making the button dash feature useless for most of the game. I've never had a problem with holding a button to sprint in a game.

What would be nice is more scenarios where dashing or walking at regular speed would have an impact, then you would enjoy the button dash feature and not having to equip / unequip gears to move properly.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(03-20-2018, 08:09 PM)madsiur Wrote: I've never had a problem with holding a button to sprint in a game.

That's... nice? Still doesn't mean it's not an unneeded hassle. A hassle that even Square (and then Square Enix) itself moved away from in their later games no less. : shrugs :

(03-20-2018, 08:09 PM)madsiur Wrote: It's not my mod but I find adding the auto-sprint option to a bunch of items would make the Sprint Shoes uselss (if RotDS still has them) as well as making the button dash feature useless for most of the game.

I don't think the 'Sprint Shoes' exist in this mod. They certainly don't exist in the beginning where you would normally be able to buy them, and I have still yet to see them showing up and I am just about to get access to Fraust itself after reuniting the party.

(03-20-2018, 08:09 PM)madsiur Wrote: What would be nice is more scenarios where dashing or walking at regular speed would have an impact, then you would enjoy the button dash feature and not having to equip / unequip gears to move properly.

This however is a really nice suggestion. Probably easier said than done, but a nice idea to try and utilize later on at the very least.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2018, 11:33 PM)Robo Jesus Wrote: That's... nice? Still doesn't mean it's not an unneeded hassle. A hassle that even Square (and then Square Enix) itself moved away from in their later games no less.

I don't know man, this is subjective, it's not an universal inconvenience because you are the 1st person raising this point for RotDS.. It's also an improvement from previous FF games (FF1 to FF4) if you want to make comparisons and RotDS way is IMO an improvement from vanilla FF6 where you need to permanently waste a relic slot to sprint. The dash patch was added to not waste a relic slot I presume, but adding an early game auto-sprint relic with another primary purpose is a good idea. I also previously stated that optional auto-dash menu setting was a good idea.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(03-21-2018, 01:56 AM)madsiur Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 11:33 PM)Robo Jesus Wrote: That's... nice? Still doesn't mean it's not an unneeded hassle. A hassle that even Square (and then Square Enix) itself moved away from in their later games no less.

I don't know man, this is subjective, it's not an universal inconvenience because you are the 1st person raising this point for RotDS.. It's also an improvement from previous FF games (FF1 to FF4) if you want to make comparisons and RotDS way is IMO an improvement from vanilla FF6 where you need to permanently waste a relic slot to sprint. The dash patch was added to not waste a relic slot I presume, but adding an early game auto-sprint relic with another primary purpose is a good idea. I also previously stated that optional auto-dash menu setting was a good idea.

I would argue that the massive complaints that popped up with FF7 is where Square actually took notice that people disliked having to press a button the entire game to move at an adequate speed. In addition, given that in the GBA remake of FF6 they added in the option of auto-dash in the Config menu options, along with how every game after FF7 didn't have that "Press a button to run" aspect as a requirement, I would argue quite strongly that this isn't 'just me' who dislikes unneeded hassles like that, even minor ones, and that Square did actually take note of that once they became more well known and they started getting a lot of feedback and actually taking it into account (because those sort of things can effect sales figures if problematic enough).

Beyond that though, I do agree that we are on the same page with the suggestion of adding the trigger function to other useful items so that there are no 'wasted items' like what happened in the vanilla game (and dear god were there so many wasted items in the vanilla game).

Also, and this is regarding an earlier suggestion that you made, I've been thinking a bit on 'how' a scene taking advantage of the running/dashing bit might be used, and I think the thing that might be the most workable with that is a wooden bridge that breaks after a certain amount of time. If the player crosses it quick enough they can get to a treasure chest and then jump down from either end of the bridge to a lower section of the map after it breaks, but if they don't cross it in time they lose out on that chest (though they can still jump off the end of the bridge). If they're in the middle when it breaks they just fall down like normal. It would have to be a decently long bridge though, which is the issue with that idea. That said, I think that sort of setup would work for taking advantage of that earlier suggestion you made with that.

The best places I can think of for that though are on one of the mountain ranges somewhere early in the game, along with maybe one or two spots later on where it would again serve a purpose (that sort of thing does pop up in Gogo's cave with the ceiling that drops in the vanilla game for example).
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
RotDS 2.0 guests portrait expansion is 100% done and working! I still need to expand OAM menu data and make the chocobo riding sprite for guests working.

[Image: 4GJgnM2.png]
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (05-19-2019), SSJ Rick (07-09-2018)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
U da man

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 17
Status
Sadness
Great Job guys

does this meaan ROTDS 2.0 might be out soon to download and play then
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-17-2018, 03:27 AM)Mac68 3000 Wrote: does this meaan ROTDS 2.0 might be out soon to download and play then

not yet but it's slowing coming nearer release date!
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
Slow
Everything takes time to happen. Rotds is no exception, and one should be thankful it updates at the rate it does, cause comparing it's update rate to other stuffs out there...
  Find