Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(03-15-2018, 04:27 PM)Robo Jesus Wrote: So, I downloaded this and have tried it out, and found that some of the extra mod additions included in the zip file will break the game. Specifically the Esper Restrictions one.

I am having no other issues with the 'item name changes' tweak that was included (have not yet tested out ALL the other various ips files that were included yet), but anytime I add the Esper Restrictions for various characters to the gamefile, the game refuses to do the opening scenes, and if I add the Esper Restrictions file before then adding the main RotDS ips file, while the game will then (finally) start, it will softlock and freeze any time I try to open the skills menu.

So yeah, there is an issue with the Esper Restrictions ips file that was included in the download here.

Hey sorry about that, the next still-soon-to-be-out version has this all fixed up back to working. Rather, esper restriction is the default norm. There will now be a patch to remove the restriction instead of apply it. The issue with it breaking the game there, though, was a case of 'my bad' where I placed some code in the spot that was reserved for the restriction code/patch, so it'd break things. All better for the next version though, thanks for the report!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (03-15-2018)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(03-15-2018, 05:26 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 04:27 PM)Robo Jesus Wrote: So, I downloaded this and have tried it out, and found that some of the extra mod additions included in the zip file will break the game. Specifically the Esper Restrictions one.

I am having no other issues with the 'item name changes' tweak that was included (have not yet tested out ALL the other various ips files that were included yet), but anytime I add the Esper Restrictions for various characters to the gamefile, the game refuses to do the opening scenes, and if I add the Esper Restrictions file before then adding the main RotDS ips file, while the game will then (finally) start, it will softlock and freeze any time I try to open the skills menu.

So yeah, there is an issue with the Esper Restrictions ips file that was included in the download here.

Hey sorry about that, the next still-soon-to-be-out version has this all fixed up back to working. Rather, esper restriction is the default norm. There will now be a patch to remove the restriction instead of apply it. The issue with it breaking the game there, though, was a case of 'my bad' where I placed some code in the spot that was reserved for the restriction code/patch, so it'd break things. All better for the next version though, thanks for the report!

Thank you. Anyways, I have another report to report. :p

It seems that the "Frostfurs" in Fraust keep trying to cast spells that they do not have the MP for.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (03-17-2018), SSJ Rick (03-17-2018)

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I believe that was addressed but I'm not 100% sure, thanks for the input though

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Also, poor Angelo is hurt (courtesy of Lufia):

[Image: krM5sw4.png]

And correct ROM checksum would be nice. Ok enough trolling, enjoy your St-Patrick!
  Find

Status
None
Ok, I'm liking this mod quite a lot. The Skull Train was amusingly fun, and I am almost at the point of getting the party back together at Fraust.

That said, there is one thing I am not liking about this mod, and that is the fact that I've apparently had to keep my finger on the B-button the entire damned time in order to go anyplace at an appropriate pace. I am honestly hoping that one of the future items I will be able to buy and equip will allow characters to run automatically. If not, please, dear Nattak, add that item trigger function to some of the items (any 'shoes', items with "Haste", etc.). Sad
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Robo Jesus for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (03-21-2018)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Have you tried duct tape??

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2018, 07:50 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Have you tried duct tape??

It can work but you have to remove the duck tape every fight or for Blitz inputs. Sad
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (03-20-2018)

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Slow
another alternative is to have a option in the settings which makes dashing happen automatically much like the gba titles feature. but the expense is extra work slapping that into the system.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-20-2018, 02:02 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: another alternative is to have a option in the settings which makes dashing happen automatically much like the gba titles feature.

Both menu screens are full. Your option would require a whole menu row so it's not really currently possible. If menu ever get redone completely or compacted or third menu page added it's something that should be added I think. But this addition alone do not justify a third menu page IMO and an almost empty third config page for whatever is put there would not look good.
  Find

Status
None
(03-20-2018, 03:37 PM)madsiur Wrote:
(03-20-2018, 02:02 PM)ScarabEnigma Wrote: another alternative is to have a option in the settings which makes dashing happen automatically much like the gba titles feature.

Both menu screens are full. Your option would require a whole menu row so it's not really currently possible. If menu ever get redone completely or compacted or third menu page added it's something that should be added I think. But this addition alone do not justify a third menu page IMO and an almost empty third config page for whatever is put there would not look good.

Honestly, the easiest way to do it here with this mod would just be adding the item trigger to more than one equipable item. I can't speak for Gi Nattak, but I would add it to every item that adds haste, along with every item that is described as being a shoe or boot or whathaveyou.

It would thus save players hassle from having to deal with the annoyance, and it would add that function back in in a believable and easy-enough to deal with way.
  Find