Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Level Editing

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
This may be one of those "Really? You're really going to ask this?" questions but it's pertaining to the level editor. I am aware of the whole "Use a fresh rom to edit blah blah blah" stuff, so we're past that, now here is what I am thinking.

1. I edited a roms overworlds to replace chocobo stables with a warp facility outside most major town locations.

2. I used save point npcs as the graphics for where the warp points were in the "stables" and linked all warp points perfectly.

3. Upon testing, the WoB and WoR stables graphics were laid on top of eachother and the save crystals appeared as still glitched fire.

4. Now that the map is no longer editable in this rom, is there anyway to remedy this without having to start all over again? lol Thanks for reading!

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Have you used FF3usME and saved with it? FF3usME reorganize the world map pointers and this cause the WOB/WOR maps in FF6LE to be glitched.

Also, to fix this, you should check this thread.
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I originally was going to post this on that thread. I recovered the map data before I edited the rom since I used ff3usme with the rom to hack it as well as windhex for the non-ff3usme editable stuff. I then edited the roms maps with the Rogue Level Editor.

I'm just basically trying to get the rom to let me edit the "stables" part of the maps to correct the graphic problems instead of having to replace each warp point and recreate each exit for all the maps lol. I'm guessing I pretty much have to start over again. No biggie, at least I didn't spend more then a few hours on it hahaha Thanks for the reply.

(It's funny, I've pretty much read every single thread on this site about ff6 in the ips/hacks/tutorial/dead&locked sections but I just feel like I remember a few years ago there were alot more posts or something. I must be losing it lol. )

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm not sure if this is what happened or not, but the WoB and WoR Chocobo stables both share the same graphics set, both inside and out, so editing the tiles will also affect the other.

As for the save point graphic glitch, just make sure that it's sprite #111, facing to the west and has the 8.6 flag enabled. That should do it unless something else crazy happened.

And unless I'm misunderstanding, for fixing the messed up Chocobo Stable map you should be able to fix it by opening up a clean/non-messed up ROM, go to the stable map, and then: File>Export the L1 and L2 tilemaps, open up your ROM and then File>Import them over into your stable maps and save.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.