Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF Level Editor: Recompressed WoR mini-map exceeds allotted space.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
First off, hello there, this is my first post on the forums and I hope I can learn a thing or two from you all.

Okay, so I've messed around with most of the programs just to see what does what and as I was making a map in the Level Editor just for fun, I noticed this message popping up every time I saved it: Recompressed WoR mini-map exceeds allotted space. The WoR mini-map was not saved. Through this procedure, I am unable to save my map. The ROM I originally used wasn't clean, so I re-downloaded a clean ROM to make sure it would work and the same message came up; even if I didn't change anything, saving would result in this message popping up. If the info on my ROM means anything, I'll post it here:

ROM Name: FINAL FANTASY 3
Header: False
Checksum: 0x9606 (FAIL)
Gamecode: F6
Ov. Map Exp. Bank. 0xF1

Map editing will be rather important for what I'm planning on doing, so I'd really appreciate if someone could find the answer for me.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Hello and welcome!

Basically the issue is that the Level Editor will not save/overwrite data if there is more tiles (bytes) than the original map was allocated to have. So you will have to delete tiles in order to make changes, and I think some tiles are more bytes than others and vice versa. It can be delicate and frustrating, and make sure you make backups of your ROM once you've successfully made changes and saved without getting that error message because once you get that error message you will have to do a recovery of the map data process to get it working again.

It looks to me that your ROM is already expanded do to this:
Ov. Map Exp. Bank. 0xF1
Did you expand the ROM yourself? If not then this wasn't a clean ROM to start with either and this might be an issue since it's directly related to overworld map data...
You should expand the clean ROM to 32-bit yourself using FF3usME (the multi editor tool).

Anyways, so using FF3usME you can go into 'manage expanded ROM' and look at 'Map Graphic Expansion' to see your tiles usage and where your at with the allocated tile space - this greatly helps out with not going over and get the error.

Also make sure to use the 'Rouge Edition' of the level editor if your not already as it works in tandem with latest version of FF3usME and doesn't mess up any map data due to data re-compression conflicts.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-29-2014, 02:42 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Also make sure to use the 'Rouge Edition' of the level editor...

"Rouge Edition" means "Red Edition" in French. I always laugh when you make that typo :P
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
lol >_< *Rogue. I guess Google Chrome spell check knows it means red in French also cause it let's it slide.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I believe Rouge is also technically an English word, just not very often used as opposed to its French counterpart.

Oh, and I first saw mention of the Rogue editor in one of Nattak's posts, and since then I've always had to remind myself that it's actually not Rouge editor. Laugh

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Rouge is, in fact, used in English! ... to refer to a type of make-up (either similar to, or the same thing as, 'blush'). This is why I laugh /really really hard/ every time I see someone typo 'rogue' that way.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Thanks for the welcoming posts, guys. I've managed to fix my problem thanks to your advice, I will now continue to figure everything out.
  Find