Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Script Space, Palette Error, and Enemy Sprite disorientation?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I must have missed it, but I am trying to put in some scripts by Lord Envoy and I don't enough space. How can I fix this? The ROM is expanded btw

EDIT: Another thing off topic I noticed. I replaced the Soldier sprite with something else, did not go over the freespace, but from some reason my Sprite appears borken up in game, but not in any of the editors... why is that?

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
if your ROM is expanded go into Manage Expanded ROM in FF3usME and apply the Monster Battle Script patch. Make sure to select a bank you are not using for anything else, for the patch, it lets you choose.

Sounds like the monster sprite is appearing broken in-game because it no longer fits in the mould - it is exceeding the assigned mould's boundary and thus appears distorted. Go into the formations editor section and look for the formation(s) with the new sprite, check the show mould flag, and choose one that the sprite fits in all the way.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 03:34 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: if your ROM is expanded go into Manage Expanded ROM on in FF3usME and apply the Monster Battle Script patch. Make sure to select a bank you are not using for anything else, for the patch, it lets you choose.

Sounds like the monster sprite is appearing broken in-game because it no longer fits in the mould - it is exceeding the assigned mould's boundary and thus appears distorted. Go into the formations editor section and look for the formation(s) with the new sprite, check the show mould flag, and choose one that the sprite fits in all the way.

Thank you very much Nattak! Also, another off topic question. I am trying to change Celes's palette to Locke's. I have opened event dump data and found every instance of assigning palette $00 to character $06 and have changed it to o1 in the ROM at each of these locations (don't know if that was needed or if I missed something) but she will not change outside of battle. She will in battle, bcuz I have them both saved in the FF3usME to palette 1 as well.

In FF3se she shows up with the palette 1 and it lists her palette as 1. I also changed her chained up sprite to palette 1 but it also won't load 1 and keeps loading 0. I started a new game and played up to that point and no change. What am I missing?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
You just need to test/play from before you recruit the character, the game has already recruited that char and assigned it with the old palette, even if you've change it the change will not be read without doing the character recruitment event where it assigns the palette, it will show it as the same as whatever it was.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 03:45 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: You need to test/play from before you recruit the character, the game has already recruited that char and assigned it with the old palette, even if you've change it the change will not be read without doing the character recruitment event where it assigns the palette, it will show it as the same as whatever it was.

As I said I started a fresh game and played up to that point and still no change.

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Oh, hmm.. the only explanation I can think of then is that the palette change edit is incorrect.

You're changing these ones?
CA/870A: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/B397: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/BE26: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/C275: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)

changing the 00's to 01? And it's not doing it eh?

That should work for the overworld and stuff if that's where your testing it, but for some other maps and events you will have to change her sprites palette in the level editor, but it sounds like that's not the issue here.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 03:56 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Oh, hmm.. the only explanation I can think of then is that the palette change edit is incorrect.

You're changing these ones?
CA/870A: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/B397: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/BE26: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)
CA/C275: 43 Assign palette $00 to character $06 (Actor in stot 6)

changing the 00's to 01? And it's not doing it eh?

Exactly. Now here's a question. I have a headered rom so I have been going to +200 where I see the bytes 43 06 00 so i know I'm in the right spot. Does it not work if I have a header? Kinda Like the SPC Editor? Which is odd since it works in FF3se, it registers that it's on palette 1 in there, just not FF3usME nor the game. Same goes for the chained up sprite :/

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
If you're factoring in the +200 and getting to the right bytes there you're at the right spot alright. It doesn't matter that your ROM is headered for the changing of the byte, just as long as it is indeed the right byte, and it really looks like you are doing it right, and also testing it from before it reads it...so I'm at a loss why it's not obeying.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 04:06 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: If you're factoring in the +200 and getting to the right bytes there you're at the right spot alright. It doesn't matter that your ROM is headered for the changing of the byte, just as long as it is indeed the right byte, and it really looks like you are doing it right, and also testing it from before it reads it...so I'm at a loss why it's not obeying.

Now here's a question, Does it matter if there's a save on the rom where she has already been seen? obviously I am not playing that one, I started a new game but if there is an existing save file, would that make it not work?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
That shouldn't matter, no. If you started a new game and got to the recruitment event with the palette code, and it's been changed to assign palette 01 instead of 00, it should work. =/