Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Script Space, Palette Error, and Enemy Sprite disorientation?

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(04-11-2014, 04:15 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: That shouldn't matter, no. If you started a new game and got to the recruitment event with the palette code, and it's been changed to assign palette 01 instead of 00, it should work. =/

Why do I always have these issues.... There's nothing else I should be changing?

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
lol I know >_< was thinking the same thing.. No, that should be it, hopefully someone else will chime in with some further ideas as to what might be happening here, it is late and I'm kinda tired, but I'm pretty confident I'm not forgetting anything.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 04:27 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: lol I know >_< was thinking the same thing.. No, that should be it, hopefully someone else will chime in with some further ideas as to what might be happening here, it is late and I'm kinda tired, but I'm pretty confident I'm not forgetting anything.

Alright... I'll see what I might be doing wrong :/. Now I do have the patch which allows reserved colors to be used. Could that cause it?

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Hmm It's a possibility I suppose, I wouldn't think it would but it never did get thoroughly tested I think, it does sound kind of suspicious, considering the issue.

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 04:37 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Hmm It's a possibility I suppose, I wouldn't think it would but it never did get thoroughly tested I think, it does sound kind of suspicious, considering the issue.

Just tested it and it doesn't make a difference :/. One thing I just can't wrap my head around is it clearly doesn't save it in FF3usME either. It shows saved in FF3se, but doesn't show saved in FF3usME. Tried opening in FF3se, saving, then playing, nothing changed. Not sure what else to do

Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You could set a breakpoint in bank C0 at the command 43 code (general action 43) and see which palette ID is assigned when you recruit Celes...
  Find

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 11:57 AM)Madsiur Wrote: You could set a breakpoint in bank C0 at the command 43 code (general action 43) and see which palette ID is assigned when you recruit Celes...

I'll be completely honest, I have not yet learned what that means xD

EDIT: Alright so I did what Mad said and entered the break point which he provided for me in skype being C0/9CAC And he informed me that I wanted the A: value with the palette number.

While the break point activated several times whenever a new sprite would load up (new character that is[such as Locke changing outfits and such]) It did not load when Celes was shown for the 1st time in Figaro. Nor did it load when you see her in Terra's flashback. So I'm still at a loss. Not sure where or what I am missing or if I even read that right :/

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
I'm wondering if it's because she's an NPC on those maps? I haven't done much work yet with sprites/palettes, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Have you played through to a point where she's actually recruited and in your party? If not, check that and if she shows up with the correct palette then; if she shows with the correct palette once she's fully recruited, you probably need to change the palette assigned to NPC Celes on those maps, as opposed to actor... whatever her number is. #06, right?

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
(04-11-2014, 05:47 PM)GrayShadows Wrote: I'm wondering if it's because she's an NPC on those maps? I haven't done much work yet with sprites/palettes, but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Have you played through to a point where she's actually recruited and in your party? If not, check that and if she shows up with the correct palette then; if she shows with the correct palette once she's fully recruited, you probably need to change the palette assigned to NPC Celes on those maps, as opposed to actor... whatever her number is. #06, right?

Quite right. I have however changed all of her NPC (At least the ones listed) and PC palette's to 01 and still no dice... I seem to have issues other people do not. Ask Nattak about that xD. I'll keep working on it but I was wondering if someone else could change her palette and see if they can get it to work and then maybe I can see if something was missed that way or if it's more than just me who can't do it :/.

I have played until she gets recruited but still nothing seems to work :/. Her overworld palette is still the default 00, and so is her chained up sprite (That one I could not find Finger). In battle, her palette also gets messed up. She is supposed to be using 01 in battle and it is saved that way, but she doesn't use it. Instead she uses 00 but it's colors are misplaced.

EDIT: Ok, so I got the PC palette fixed, but she still appears as an NPC in the dungeon with palette 00. How can I fix this? The only instances of her assigned palette is listed in these locations:

Celes is an NPC for a few scenes, but remains with the party for a while. She uses sprite 0x06 with
palette 0x00.

CA:8708 0x06
CA:870B 0x00

During the opera house, her sprite is changed to ID 0x1A and her palette becomes 0x00.

CA:B395 0x1A
CA:B398 0x00

She reverts to her original sprite when you either fail the opera scene or pass it and get abducted
by Setzer.

CA:BE24 0x06 (FAILED)
CA:BE27 0x00 (FAILED)

CA:C273 0x06 (PASSED)
CA:C276 0x00 (PASSED)

The above does not include the instance where she is in the dungeon nor her chained up sprite which I can not find...

Her battle palette is also getting messed up still.... but it IS using 01 this time. Just not the colors I selected Hmm.
I am using the reserved colors patch and I am 100% positive she is using only 12 colors and that does include the 4 basic ones: 1, 2, 7, 8. 3 of her colors change (to colors not even on the palette) depending on what position she is in battle: Her eyes, and her cape which are using 3 of the reserve colors. My Locke replacement is using 4 of those reserve colors and he has no issues in battle.

EDIT2: I figured some images may help

[Image: Roy_v16000_zps1339c164.png] [Image: Roy_v16001_zps1b4f6f79.png] [Image: Roy_v16002_zpsa0603688.png]
[Image: Roy_v16003_zpsb876d0e3.png] [Image: Roy_v16004_zpscd72f096.png] [Image: Roy_v16005_zps47f355e7.png]
[Image: Roy_v16006_zps0bd9bfd0.png]

The 1st three up top happen whether I am using the reserved palette patch or not so that is not caused by the patch.

The four of Her while in battle are with the patch (bcuz she is using reserved colors as well as Roy) and the changing colors aren't even on the palette...

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
So just to clarify, you HAVE changed all the sprites of her in the Level Editor to the new palette? That's what GreyShadows is talking about doing, and I said in an earlier response as well, but now I'm not sure you have because you say you did not find the chained up sprite to edit, which is one of the ones you need to edit in LE on that map.