Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need Help with FF3 Level Editor

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys I have a quick question - I'm trying to modify Narshe to look a little more open and not so closed-up for my hacked ROM. So using FF3 Level Editor, I erased that little over gap thing that Terra, Biggs, and Wedge first walk under right when you gain control of them. I understand that that overgap is in layer 2 so I was wondering, with the overgap gone, is there any way to place a walkable tile where it once was so they can just go forward? The reason I'm asking is because, I copied the tiles below Terra right when you gain control, and the pasted them where the overgap was. Thinking all was good I loaded up ZSNES (Level Preview doesn't work for me Sad ) but whenever I got to the beginning of Narshe, Terra is just stuck and can't move in any direction. It's really confusing and I would greatly appreciate help. What I'm really asking is if it's even possible to place a walking tile where a layer 2 tile used to be.
Thanks!
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well I am a complete amateur when it comes to the level editor

you are much better off asking Gi Nattack for advice on this 1 (personally I think u might have placed the inaccessible tile right when u gain control of Terra on that same spot)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
What you want to do is click on view at the top left, right next to edit, and then check/click on "Physical Map" That will show you what tiles can be walked over, or will block your character from moving etc.
Yellow = Can't move or pass through the tile.
Red = you CAN move through them.
Half red & half yellow lets you walk halfway through a tile.
And of coarse no color at all means you can walk over and through it, like a red tile. This should show you why you are having the problem. Notice only level 1 has these colors, that's because level 1 is the only level with physical tiles. Level 2 & 3 tiles are all transparent.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Oh thanks Nattak, I see what you mean, so there's no way to make yellow coated areas walkable? But thanks nevertheless

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Well, you COULD edit the tiles properties, to make the ones you want walkable, but you would run into other problems for sure then. Look for the "edit tile properties" right under the tile map.

Status
None
Cool I got it working but idk I'll just do it sparingly ha..but thanks man u know like everything about hacking FFVI..i don't suppose you know a program that lets you edit the text of the game without corrupting WoR (*looks at FF3ED) but jw.

xJCSX

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
oh i can tell you that, you need FF3usME which is in the tool's section
  Find

Status
None
Thanks Onion Knight but whenever I edit the text, in the "Big Quotes" section, it all seems perfect but whenever I load up FF3 Level Editor, and Load Levels, it says an unhandled error has occurred and the program needs to close..after that it says the ROM is corrupt...man this is confusing, should I get another map editor or another text editor? lol

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
They should and do work together. I use both programs synonymously. My guess is that sadly, you will need a new fresh ROM. Somehow the data in the ROM has been corrupted and the Map Editor can no longer read it. To see what I mean just try to edit the "Big Quotes" with a brand new ROM, save, and then open the ROM up in the map editor. It should work! If it still does not, and you still get that error message, then that makes no sense and we will continue trying to solve it. Have you applied any patches to this ROM by any chance? I used to get a bad error message like that with my totally hacked messed up ROM. Not quite to that extent of shutting itself down though 0_0

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
if anything edit the maps 1st and then work on the dialog

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC