Tissue-aware
Nice work Poco but what about the shield? =P
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm trying to find the specific graphic, since its decompressed its giving me some issues, I'm looking at the tutorial Zeemis put up but its not helping me that much, I think I need a different version of yychr

other then that my main priority is trying to find a way to implement the scythe, unfortunately the best way to do that was the ogre nix, I suppose I can exchange the ragnorak/excalibur but idk, I suppose I can test it, but right now lets just see how it goes u know :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(06-18-2012, 03:47 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: I'm trying to find the specific graphic, since its decompressed its giving me some issues, I'm looking at the tutorial Zeemis put up but its not helping me that much, I think I need a different version of yychr

I succeeded in decompressing the area where the shield is. The problem I had was with the palette, but anyway I was just messing with you, there is no rush.

Find

Status
None
well the palette is no issue at all, if you can send me the exact info I can knock that out for you no problem

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-18-2012, 04:30 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: well the palette is no issue at all, if you can send me the exact info I can knock that out for you no problem

Good! I'll make a tutorial just for you! But from what I've remember it was exactly what zeemis was telling in his tutorial, if it's not the case then it's in just another compressed graphic elsewhere in the ROM. I can't remember right. I'll give you news tonight.
  Find

Status
None
sounds good

I personally think its my version of yychr

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-18-2012, 05:26 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: I personally think its my version of yychr

Why don't you download version 0.99? The tile to draw on the right are more accurate than version 0.98. Some other stuff has been improved too. There was an updated version in april, but I haven't seen anything different from the previous 0.99 that has been out for some time now

http://www.geocities.jp/yy_6502/yychr/in...index.html

As for the compressed graphics, it's exactly as stated in zeemis tutoria:

1) Offset to enter are from 12E200 (start) to 12ED43 (end) in PerrSpriteViewer (headered ROM).
2) Copy to buffer
3) Compress ----> address 12E200 ---> choose file (create one) ---> Decompress.
4) Open the file in YY-CHR (4BPP)
5) Do custom shield
6) ReCompress
7) Save ROM
8) Voilà!!
  Find

Status
None
I did all of that and it would still load all funny

and I believe 0.99 is the version I have

I'll need to double check

-HNIC

Status
None
so here I go again

I made nunchaku, it replaces the flail/morning star

[Image: imgshk.png]

[Image: imgshk.png]

unfortunately I have bad news, I cannot make a scythe guys srry =/ due to the limitations and the way the long swords are, making a good looking scythe is not possible

I can however make a sickle weapon, and hopefully that will be ok with everyone

I personally wanted a scythe weapon myself, but unfortunately it cannot be done Sad

-HNIC

Status
Tissue-aware
(06-18-2012, 08:43 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: I did all of that and it would still load all funny

In PeerSpriteViewer, you need to set the option to "Final Fantasy VI" on the right of the program screen too. It's the only thing I forgot to tell you. Plus, it will load scramble graphic in YY-CHR but if you set the option to 4BPP, the graphics will look nice.

Don't make me mad or I'll have to send you the .bin file by email. =P Hit

Find