Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FFVI Worlds Collide

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I don't know how Beyond Chaos does it nowadays, but Umaro has the ability to equip Espers. The spell learn % pulls from garbage data, but this is just an aesthetic thing, and Umaro does not have the ability to learn Magic(and as such, will never have the Magic or X-Magic commands). Umaro also has the Fight command instead of a blank command list(assuming it doesn't get randomized to something else), which leads me to believe that C-Dude may be exactly right on this.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Phunbaba: Gogo/Terra/Celes faced him in Kefka's Tower. He blew away Gogo and Terra, removing them from the party after the fight. This seems like a bug. (Gogo and Terra weren't available during the final fight, but warping out of Kefka's Tower made them available again.

Airship: Holding the 'move forward' button (A) doesn't move the ship forward, but 'sidesteps' or strafes. This felt jarring compared to normal FFVI.

Dragons: Should they be randomized as enemies?

Burning House Bombs: Should they also be randomized as enemies?

Kefka: Should Kefka (Narshe) be fightable in Kefka's Tower? This is some combination of awkward and LOL!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Endarire for this post:
  • AtmaTek (04-16-2020)

Status
None
(04-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Endarire Wrote: Phunbaba: Gogo/Terra/Celes faced him in Kefka's Tower.  He blew away Gogo and Terra, removing them from the party after the fight.  This seems like a bug.  (Gogo and Terra weren't available during the final fight, but warping out of Kefka's Tower made them available again.
That is not a bug. Bababreath removes party members. You can either try to continue on or go back and reform your party. I will probably add an option to not shuffle/randomize phunbaba3 though because it seems controversial.

(04-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Endarire Wrote: Airship: Holding the 'move forward' button (A) doesn't move the ship forward, but 'sidesteps' or strafes.  This felt jarring compared to normal FFVI.
I have not heard of this happening before. Are you sure you were holding A and not Y?

(04-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Endarire Wrote: Dragons: Should they be randomized as enemies?
Do you mean in normal random encounters? They are shuffled/randomized amongst themselves based on the boss battles option chosen.

(04-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Endarire Wrote: Burning House Bombs: Should they also be randomized as enemies?
Yes. I am working on an option to randomize (nearly) all fixed encounters that cannot be avoided with moogle charm.

(04-16-2020, 01:01 AM)Endarire Wrote: Kefka: Should Kefka (Narshe) be fightable in Kefka's Tower?  This is some combination of awkward and LOL!
Why not? All bosses except the final battles are shuffled/randomized.
  Find

Status
None
@AtmaTek
Kefka (Narshe) in Kefka's Tower was more of an Easter Egg for our group. He replaced the Goddess statue, and his 'Escape' at the end of the fight was a thematic segue into the final fight.

Money: Our group started with 0G initially on Normal Gated and was poor the early game, but had millions of excess G by the end. We barely sold anything throughout our non-race run.

Airship: I held the A button, but A and Y moved the airship the same way. I used SNES9x for Windows.

Dragons: To clarify, I wasn't sure if the dragons should be shuffled amongst themselves. (The last time I played FFVI was February 1, 2016.) I assumed the dragons would be shuffled with the rest of the bosses.

Esperland: I'd like to enter and explore this place! The Colossus boss as previously mentioned seems fitting.

Character Gating: I had mixed feelings about this mode, having only finished my first run of it tonight. Requiring characters provided structure, but also left me disappointed when I climbed Zozo and found no characters, needing to warp out. Likewise with Veldt Cave.

Edgar Bug: Our group got Edgar who replaced WoR Strago's start position. When Edgar joined, Sabin was initially available to add to the party, but since our group didn't find him, Sabin was removed from the selection menu. Unsure how or why this happened.
  Find

Status
None
(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Money: Our group started with 0G initially on Normal Gated and was poor the early game, but had millions of excess G by the end.  We barely sold anything throughout our non-race run.
Did you do a lot of grinding? Sometimes people seem to struggle with money, other times they say they have too much. It is difficult to balance. It essentially acts as an early game gate for different things. I can consider lowering the default gold multiplier but I do try to keep it more casual friendly.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Airship: I held the A button, but A and Y moved the airship the same way.  I used SNES9x for Windows.
Thanks. I just tested this out on snes9x 1.60 on win7 and did not see the issue. I also asked in the discord if anyone else has seen/heard of it. Do you have any additional version information? Can you tell me what your input configuration is?

(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Dragons: To clarify, I wasn't sure if the dragons should be shuffled amongst themselves.  (The last time I played FFVI was February 1, 2016.)  I assumed the dragons would be shuffled with the rest of the bosses.
I did have someone request to shuffle them all together before. I can add an option for that. Although, I am afraid of people then filing bug reports for fighting dragons in non-vanilla locations and not having it count towards the dragon counter.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Esperland: I'd like to enter and explore this place!  The Colossus boss as previously mentioned seems fitting.
I still have not had much time to look into this yet. I will have to find out exactly how usable those maps are.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Character Gating: I had mixed feelings about this mode, having only finished my first run of it tonight.   Requiring characters provided structure, but also left me disappointed when I climbed Zozo and found no characters, needing to warp out.  Likewise with Veldt Cave.
I can understand that. I have tried to encourage people as best as I can to learn who gates what or to reference one of the guides available. This is a weakness in my implementation I suppose. I should work on trying to gate things earlier so it is not as painful for people playing blind. Zozo requires Terra and Veldt Cave requires Shadow.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 AM)Endarire Wrote: Edgar Bug: Our group got Edgar who replaced WoR Strago's start position.  When Edgar joined, Sabin was initially available to add to the party, but since our group didn't find him, Sabin was removed from the selection menu.  Unsure how or why this happened.
To clarify, Edgar was at the base of Fanatic's Tower and you had previously recruited Sabin but he did not show up in the party select screen? Did Sabin become available again after that? If you have a link to the seed or know the flags/seed that would be helpful.
  Find

Status
None
Money: We didn't grind much for money.  Grinding was to get people to usable levels quickly, and to teach everyone every spell.  (I set AP gain to 100x normal just to get past that hurdle.  I never liked the grind in vanilla.)

Edgar: We never found Sabin that run, but he was added honorarily into the party for that one part.  Unsure why.

Airship Controls: ZSNES plays it correctly.  Odd.  (This game was tested via SRAM between SNES9x and ZSNES.)  SNES9x stuff: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_vox5...3qFIGntCNu

Espers: Unsure if it's been randomness, but we've found in 2 consecutive runs early game Flare and Meteor.  An early Gem Box this most recent run has turned most fights into "Hold A to win."  At least it made Gau - my least favorite vanilla character - into one of my faves due to Economizer + Flare/Meteor spam.  That was his 'auto attack.'
  Find

Status
None
(04-16-2020, 04:09 AM)Endarire Wrote: Edgar: We never found Sabin that run, but he was added honorarily into the party for that one part.  Unsure why.
Thanks. I will look into this more.

(04-16-2020, 04:09 AM)Endarire Wrote: Airship Controls: ZSNES plays it correctly.  Odd.  (This game was tested via SRAM between SNES9x and ZSNES.)  SNES9x stuff: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_vox5...3qFIGntCNu
I loaded a game with the files you shared and checked the input configuration. The A button was mapped to F and highlighted blue saying that button was already mapped. Changing the button from F to something else fixed the issue for me. It looks like you have Joypad #2 enabled which is causing the conflict. If you switch the controller from Joypad #1 to Joypad #2 and disable it that should fix your problem.
  Find

Status
None
@AtmaTek
Thankee! I wasn't sure about the airship problem.

Terra Gating: I'd like the gate to happen at the entrance of the Sealed Cave so people can early loot the Imperial Base.

Gestahl Character Special: Command ("Control") as his special.

Kefka Character Special: Summon (from a specific list or randomly a la Magicite)

Spell Request: Add a mode where whenever a character learns a spell, every character capable of casting spells can cast that spell. This is how FFV did it, and it's my preferred method to reduce grinding.

Speedrun Strats on Normal Open World: How are players expected to beat this game in 1.5 - 3 hours of real time? What route do they take? What strategies do they use?

Fixing Vanish: In its fixed state, prevent Vanish from targeting foes. Otherwise, allow Vanish/Doom and Vanish/X-Zone (AKA Vanish/Banish) as normal.
  Find