Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6: SMRPG Half-Update

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Bumping the post for an update. While working on Daisy, I saw several problems with Peach and decided to tweak them to make it better.

Changes:
  • The south step forward sprites had her outgoing arm too far in by a pixel, compared to the original Terra sprite.
  • All side sprites (except those a pixel shorter or more shorter) were slightly modified to give her less of a stomach.
  • Made peach's angry sprite look more like she's leaning forward.
Here's the comparison, which would you say is better?
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I don't want the hack to cross into Super Smash territory. I think it should be Mario-based yet have some characters to crossover into that Universe. But whatever floats your boat.

That's actually better than the one you had earlier. I was developing one for a project similar to this one but you beat me to it. Its beginning to get better though.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Other characters you can include are toad, frogfucious, mama mole
  Find

Status
None
When it comes to characters in this hack, you'll need to consult Raikou for that. Seeing as it's his idea, it'll be better to give ideas to him. I'm not 100% sure what his plans are for it.

Thanks, As I work on Daisy, chances are I'll find other ways to fix Peach. I should finish Geno then work on the Tents for him and Mallow. Still not sure with Geno, Mallow maybe a cloud?
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
We're not crossing into Super Smash universe. The only characters being added thats outside the Mario Universe are Sonic and Link. Link made a cameo in SMRPG, so to recruit him, there will be a little side-quest to wake him up from his nap. Sonic is there mostly to fill a role, and I feel like he'd fit in well anyways. All the NPC's will be the Toads, moles, cloud people, and so on. I think we have enough NPC's in FF6 to fill all the niche's.
  Find

Status
None
Ah, alright Sounds fair. Update time, I finished Mallow to usable status and Geno is missing his tent. If anyone has any ideas for him, feel free to share.
Yes, I'm aware Mallow's cloud tent looks like a White Chocolate Muffin but Mallow Himself looks like a muffin doesn't he? I always thought he was one when I played the game XD.

Edit: I forgot to add Daisy to the updates, I found problems on Peach because of the work I did on Daisy XD. Here you go.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
your sprites are pretty good, keep it up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
(08-13-2013, 08:41 PM)RaikouGilgamesh Wrote: We're not crossing into Super Smash universe. The only characters being added thats outside the Mario Universe are Sonic and Link. Link made a cameo in SMRPG, so to recruit him, there will be a little side-quest to wake him up from his nap. Sonic is there mostly to fill a role, and I feel like he'd fit in well anyways. All the NPC's will be the Toads, moles, cloud people, and so on. I think we have enough NPC's in FF6 to fill all the niche's.

I know you're not, man I was referring to badass's Mario Hack he's workin' on.
  Find

Status
None
Easy confusion, Crumple. You didn't really specify who you're talking to so it sounded like you were talking to us. You even confused me with that actually. Laugh

While not majorly important, I was thinking about Link, and was wondering if its possible to make him do that pose when he gets an item with the Zelda "Item Get" theme playing as long as he's leading the pack. If not, it can still work as a "Character get" event after Raikou's idea for the side quest is complete. Thought it could made for a good gimmick for him especially for hardcore Zelda fans. Anyways, I have plans on finishing his sheet off tomorrow then either continue with Daisy or start Bowser Jr. or DK.

EDIT: Sorry it's a day late, here's the completed Link:

Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Ok, so, quick thing... I might have a slight change of plans. Redoing the maps, the events, the abilities, the enemies, all that jazz... It's gonna take a LONG time. So, what I may do first is a bit odd... rather than starting off with SMRPG, I may just import the characters, change the abilities, and then alter the scripts so that it's more like the world of FF6 is where Smithy came from... All the machinery, and the weird monsters... I don't think it's too far off the mark. So the Mario Universe characters got sucked into there after beating Smithy instead. It's weird, and kind of odd, but it's much simpler to start off with... and once I've got the hang of event handling, the rest will be smooth. The characters and abilities will already be there, after all.
  Find