Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I am having trouble with FF3SE?

Status
None
Hi, I am new to this so I might have trouble. I decided to change the sprite of the playable characters in the game. So I decide to change Shadow's Sprite to Clyde. Then I notice that Cyan's sprite is messed up. It has random colors on his sprite. I then try to change Cyan's sprite to Dark Knight Cecil from IV. That does the same problem I had with Cyan, but it does it to Shadow/Clyde. Can someone help? Thanks.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well thats because of the palette issue,

certain characters share the same palette

pal # 0 is shared with Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Leo, and imp
pal # 1 is shared with Locke, Merchant, and Imperial soldiers
pal # 2 has Terra
pal # 3 is shared with Strago, Relm, Gau, Gogo, Kefka
pal # 4 is shared with Cyan, Shadow, and Setzer
pal # 5 has Mog and Umaro

since Cyan and Shadow share the same palette if u change 1, the other will suffer the consequences,

(the reason Clyde changed things around is because he has Locke's palette, it also depends which 1 u used some might be distorted or have the colors in the wrong order)

if u want to assign different palettes to a character via hex then take a look @ my tutorial, I hope I helped Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
another way to fix this problem would be to re-color the messed up sprite if possible. For my hack I ran into that problem many times, and I had to recolor certain sprites. Check out my sprite hacking guide for a few tips. Smile

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find