Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing non-selectable FF3SE sprites

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Okay, so I got last version of FF3usME not long ago and realized it is able to edit any overword sprite, motivating me to change even more characters.

So I tried to replace Ghestal's sprites with another ones, but the colors of the sprite are fucked up, as if it were imported with FF3SE without correct palette order.

The thing is that the sheet I replaced Ghestal's sprites DID have on the top left corner the right palette order, yet it doesn't seem to be able to recognice the colors right... without the palette order it still looks equally fucked up.

What is the correct way to fix this, if it even is?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Overworld sprites' palettes are all set in the event code or map data, there is no single place it is set. This is true for PCs and NPCs alike. With most NPCs you can use FF6LE to change this by finding the sprite in the map and changing the palette there.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
No need! I've found a way to manage with this: I just needed to import the sprites on a character who uses the same palette, manually copy-paste tiles into Ghestal and voila!

Thanks anyway.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
you can always just import the bin files

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC