Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Trouble with ffse

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I wanted to change the Battle Sprite for the Guard enemy. I used an imported sprite from another game:
[Image: 1_zps2b7a4c13.png]

It did what I expected it to do, and It good in my opinion.

I also checked usME to see if it carried through and was on the rom:
[Image: 2_zps3aceb1df.png]
And it apparently worked.
But when I tested the rom later, I got this:
[Image: 3_zpsf6629677.png]

Does anyone know what happened to the sprites?
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Status
None
Yeah, I think your issue is with the molds, I've encountered this a few times before. To fix this go into FF3usME and select the monster formations editor tab. Along the top you will see a box that is labelled "general" and another box inside that that says "Mould used." Check the box below this to make the boxes visible, and then scroll through the list in the Mould used box until you've found a mould in which your new sprite will fit. This may require moving around which boxes you use for the enemy presences too, as different moulds have different assortment of shapes for the presence bits -- you'll figure it out when you see it. Sometimes it is pretty easy and quick, other times it can be a bit time consuming. I hope this helped.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Thanks mate, That does change it a bit. I'll have to test a few times to get the right one. Does the "Unused in byte" do any to the sprites?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-04-2013, 12:54 AM)Kaptain_Khaos Wrote: Does the "Unused in byte" do any to the sprites?

I'm confident they change nothing because none of the mold has one checked. However, I'm not 100% sure...

Find