Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Trouble with Cyan swdtech patch

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
I just downloaded my first patch (cyan swdtech speed).
It works great! except... it gives me all 8 skills...
I mean i only have 2 skills when i begin, and only number 1 and 2 is highlighted when entering swdtech... but the meter goes fast (as i suppose it should do when you learned all 8 skills) and all the way! making me available to use all 8 skills. This is not intended when i read the readme, so does anyone know the problem?

I have given swdtech to Locke, and given him the ability to learn new swdtechs. and i think that i use a headed rom if it would make a difference.

thank you!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Could you link to the patch you downloaded? I'm pretty sure I've seen a few that affect SwdTech speed. If the code's available, I'll take a look at it. I'm still fairly new to ASM myself, but there's no better way to learn than to tear someone else's code apart. Wink

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
None
Nice dude! glad you're trying!
I downloaded this one: http://slickproductions.org/ff6patch.php...ch%20Gauge

If you ever used another one that worked, i would be very glad to see it Laugh
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Hmm -- the code's not packaged with it, but I patched my ROM with it and I can't duplicate the issue. The bar's speed is up, but it's not going up beyond the SwdTechs Cyan has learned. (On my save, four techs at recruitment; I grabbed a save online to check.) In that first battle, it hits 4 and loops back to 1 like it's supposed to.

If you can, try patching onto a new clean rom, and see if you can duplicate it with Cyan, rather than on Locke? That would help isolate the problem. If you need one, there are .srms here: http://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6saves.htm that you can use to jump to a point after Cyan is recruited.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
That's the one I've used and it works fine, but I've only tried it with Cyan.

You said you've given Locke Sword Tech and granted him the ability to learn new ones. Can you post how you did that? The problem may be in there.

Aside from that, I can try to duplicate it in a bit.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Status
None
I gave Locke swdtech in usME. Then i opened the rom with an Hex editor with the offset C2/61C7: C9 02 and changed the 02 to 01. changing from Cyan to Locke.

I am sorry, i am really new at posting in forums so i dont know the fancy "heres the code" and "i replied to THIS text. Sad

Ty GrayShadows, ill try it right away!

Oh... i am not sure, but i may have version 1.1 on my ROM. I dont know how to check it, but would it do any difference?

Oh when i changed the Hex value i changed it on offset C2/63C7 , coz i think i have a headed rom.
And Locke is the one learning the new abilites and not Cyan, so that is confirmed.
  Find

Status
None
I don't think 1.1 affects that particular patch, but it's generally good practice to use 1.0 if you're going to be doing a lot of changes, since most patches and documentation are regarding version 1.0.

Have you made any other changes besides the two you've mentioned here? I'm about to try to duplicate the problem, so we'll see how that goes.

Well, it turns out it is a problem with using version 1.1. That combination of changes works perfectly fine on 1.0, but I did see the issue on 1.1.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • xeblon (07-03-2013)

Status
None
WOW! I am having the same problem with a clean rom on Cyan! maybe i am doing something wrong when i patch? i dont know...
Same problem is " The swdtech line passes the highlighted skills 1,2,3 and continues at superspeed as if all of them would be unlocked. Just used Quadra Slice on Leader"
  Find

Status
None
It's a problem with 1.1. You'll need to find a version 1.0 ROM with that patch.

I tested it on 1.0 and it worked fine, but when I applied it to a version 1.1 ROM I saw the same problems you are.

Brave New World
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Synchysi for this post:
  • GrayShadows (07-03-2013)

Status
None
aww man that sucks...
Can i somehow convert my rom from a 1.1 to a 1.0?
Or is there a patch for the 1.1 version?
Or is it hard to make the changes in hexing?

I do not want to start everything from the beginning x)
  Find