Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME Version 6.7.0

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
the only thing that will make this current editor better for the next version is if they can perfectly patch a 24 bit to override the 65535 limit to hp,mp,exp and gp. then we can make tougher bosses or even a whole new game and not have to worry about the patch or the guide anymore.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
The patch works, and you can't use usME to edit the monster's HP anymore. You need to hex-edit the new monster's HP. It won't work with usME.

To quote someone else's opinion here:
"You'll have to expand your horizons beyond a level-editing mentality".

Before usME and all the beautiful utilities, people had to hex edit the sh@t out of the ROM.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-13-2012, 03:32 PM)kefkaroth Wrote: the only thing that will make this current editor better for the next version is if they can perfectly patch a 24 bit to override the 65535 limit to hp,mp,exp and gp. then we can make tougher bosses or even a whole new game and not have to worry about the patch or the guide anymore.

The editor let you save time and it's helpful to edit basic stuff. It EDIT stuff, it shouldn't perform complex ASM hacks like capping to 3 bytes everything that is 2 bytes like HP, MP, EXP and GP. Plus these kind of work require to hack the menus and the display routines to display properly everything you mentioned. It would also implies to balance everything in the game to he new maximums. As an example, a 3 digit max spell cost would be pretty obsolete if your character has a max MP of 16 million. As for tougher bosses, a clever Monster AI script lets you make the most challenging monsters. You don't need billions of HP, just how to use the script commands properly. But yeah, 24 bit monster HP is nice too.

Finally, where would be the fun in hacking if the editor would do everything for you? Where would be the fun and challenge in spriting if the sprite editor was drawing the sprites for you?
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I'm new to using FF3usME and I'm having some trouble renaming items. I think it has to do with the symbol/space before the item name. If I try to change " Fenix Down" to " Phoenix Down" (by pressing spacebar before the P) the item in the list gets some random letters after the name and using the "Arrange" option makes the item disappear.

I guess my question is, in the list of numbers/letters/characters, which of the blank spaces goes in front of an item to make it work normally? Is that even what the problem is?

Thanks all.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-09-2012, 12:11 AM)Binarynova Wrote: I guess my question is, in the list of numbers/letters/characters, which of the blank spaces goes in front of an item to make it work normally? Is that even what the problem is?

The first space is not really a space it's a hex value. It'S not the same thing as your space with the spacebar, which has a different value. You must select with the mouse the blank spot left the equal symbol. There is two blank spot there and the first one will give you the same kind of error. I don'T know about the other 10 or so blank spots available but I know the one next to "=" works.

Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Thanks for responding!

I tried using the blank spot immediately to the left of the equals sign. That made the random letters stop appearing, but when I used "Arrange" the item still disappeared. So I went through all of the blank spaces one by one to see if any of them would work.

And when I tried the very last empty space, it worked. Link to screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Nmtiu.png
Huh
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(04-09-2012, 04:01 PM)Binarynova Wrote: I tried using the blank spot immediately to the left of the equals sign. That made the random letters stop appearing, but when I used "Arrange" the item still disappeared. So I went through all of the blank spaces one by one to see if any of them would work.

Yeah, sorry I didn't tested with the "Arrange" feature. I assumed because it was displaying the name right it was working...

But at least you have found the good blank spot. Thanks for letting us know... The game use the first hex value of an item to sort them out. The different symbols (armor, swords, relics) have different hex value and an item (blank spot) has 0x20 as a value I think...So if an item has none of the good symbols it delete it or make it disappear from the list.
  Find

Status
None
You can already exceed 65,535 if you give your monster multiple "lives" in it's AI similar to how they did with Kaiser Dragon and Omega Weapon. That's how most people have increased their monster's hp though I understand Zeemis came up with a patch to expand it without having to give the monster extra lives.