Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy possible characters

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
well don't forget that all the "new" characters are actually old characters that were killed before the events of the first game... well either killed or sent back to the world for being too weak or something... plus it also makes sense that Cosmos would have a huge amount since Chaos got the non-expendable force which "defeated" the other Cosmos players and the 11 we did get were the ones that were "left". (nearly all quotationed words were words or phrases used directly by Dissidia itself)
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8weYDNpG8o8

heres another trailer, if u look closely u will see Yuna....watch very very closely

also i hav heard that all the new characters will be from the snes games, meaning that ff1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11,12 and 13 will not get any new characters, idk if this is true yet but it is mentioned a lot...."sigh" no Vivi for me Sad
oh well at least we'll get some ff5 and ff6 characters
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Uhm... Tifa, Laguna, Vaan, Lightning and Yuna are all from the PS1 era and beyond.

The statement you heard, FEOK, is that all new characters will be SNES era AND ABOVE.

So basically all games are possible except 1, 2 and 3.

Keep hoping... Vivi is still a possibility. Laugh

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(12-30-2010, 05:36 PM)FEOK Wrote: heres another trailer, if u look closely u will see Yuna....watch very very closely

Look closely? Who else walks on water the way Yuna does?! *Squeals*

Erhem, anyone else notice the Phantom Train location? I wonder if that mean Cyan or Shadow?
  Find

Status
Crystal
(12-31-2010, 01:06 AM)Satoascorpion Wrote: Uhm... Tifa, Laguna, Vaan, Lightning and Yuna are all from the PS1 era and beyond.

The statement you heard, FEOK, is that all new characters will be SNES era AND ABOVE.

So basically all games are possible except 1, 2 and 3.

Keep hoping... Vivi is still a possibility. Laugh

lol i always get things wrong XD
thanks for pointing that out man Wink

Quote:Look closely? Who else walks on water the way Yuna does?! *Squeals*

Erhem, anyone else notice the Phantom Train location? I wonder if that mean Cyan or Shadow?

true but what i was meaning by that was that u only saw her dress and her walking so it could of been missed :p

and yeah i was wondering about the phantom train, i hope its a stage Wink
  Find

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Gilgamesh is the only character with an original and clear fighting style from FF5.

Final Fantasy 6's reps are not that easy to decide. The whole game was a fight for who is the main character. I suspect Cyan despite more unique fighting styles. In the credits for Dissidia, when Terra and Kefka are shown, Cyan's theme is playing. Cyan could use a charging attacks system with an EX Minigame based on waiting for his Bushido bar to reach 8. Sabin is also a great idea as his fighting style could be based off of Street Fighter. Quarter-circle Bravery makes a Brave to HP Aura Cannon. Shadow is an enigma. He has no clear gimmick in his own game. The ninja part of him could be used for stealth and precision. Strong shurikens with small hit-boxes. Setzer is probably the only good Gambler in the whole series, so if Square wanted a luck based character, it would be him. As for the actual main characters, Locke would probably end up as a ground version of Zidane and Celes could use runic, drain, and other moves based on getting foes HP. The final likely character is Mog as he was used as a mascot for the game. He would... dance... and jump.

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I would say that the best candidate for a Final Fantasy VI person would either be Gau or Edgar. Edgar could implement his tools as part of his attack. (Where Firion is the weapon master, Edgar would be the Tools master) and Gau would fight very similar to a wild animal and could easily change his fighting style by acting out a different monster. At least I think it should be those two (or at least one of those two) the others are barely okay, pretty much this is how the others go:

Cyan: A samurai
Sabin: a Brawler (would be placed to counter Tifa?)
Locke: Quick Thief (agreeing with a Ground based Zidane)
Celes: a rune knight (uses magically infused swords to deal different attacks)
Shadow: ....ninja through and through....I wonder how they can implement him
Mog: agreeing with the lancer type dancer
Relm: ...yeah...not gonna happen
Strago: we already have a blue mage...
  Find

Status
Crystal
the next character announced will be from the snes era
so ff6 or ff5 will be next ^_^

i want Faris or Gilgamesh for 5
and Celes or Edgar or Shadow or General Leo, Celes has a good chance since there adding more female characters in it and edgar probobly has the best chance since the tools would be awsome, imagine the chainsaw XD
General Leo is the only other good character for a villian, although he does become good but then so did Golbez :p
i'm hoping for shadow since he would be fun 2 play as but i dont see it happening Sad
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
I really don't think they'd have Leo without the Gestahl. Afterall, Leo lives only to serve him. Kefka's always been doing his own thing, so him operating in Dissidia under his own whims and not Gestahls only makes perfect sense.

Besides... I really don't think there'll be any new villains, aside from iconic possibilities such as Gilgamesh. In which case Gilgamesh is more likely to be a neutral villain rather than an all-out villain.

You know, now that I think about it, in the first Dissidia, the bonus story mode, Redemption of the Warrior (Gabranth's story); was all about warriors from previous wars between the gods left at the wayside. You find the Gilgamesh Summonstone in this story mode... could it be a possible hint...?

Lol. Only time will tell.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
Crystal
idk if i mentioned this but characters will be added based on popularity
which makes me wonder why vaan was put in....
anyways that means u could just go ahead and say gilgamesh is already in since his one of the most populer characters in ff5
and yeah gilgy couldve been turned into a summon and thats why his not in dissidia 1 :p
so i'm suspecting that ff6 will get ethir locke or celes, i'd prefer celes's myself Wink lol

and supossedly Wink is already confirmed, although its not metioned a lot
  Find