Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to version 1.14.

What's new:
  • Updated C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation to version 2.8
  • Fixed the bug that prevented the Blitz tutorial from appearing
  • Fixed (I believe for the first time) the cinematic battle against Kefka at the end of the Cave to the Sealed Gate. Frog We now have a battle script that actually does something like the original intent. Keep an eye out for standalone patch "One-Hit Wonder".
  • Fixed the enemy names for "Cadet" and "Officer" (These were "Kamui" and "Cadet" for some reason.)
  • Updated "SwdTech Suspend" from an unversioned prototype to v1.0, which uses a better choice for unused RAM. I was getting reports of the feature not holding the gauge position reliably, so hopefully this does the trick.
  • Updated "Status Icon Overflow" from v1.1 to v1.2.
  • Fixed misaligned "KO" label on the field status screen
  • Made 48 edits to the field dialog script, including a fix for the bonus caption by the NPC in Zozo. Thanks again to @Xezcente for reporting.
Enjoy!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (10-12-2023), protopizza (03-08-2024), Xezcente (10-13-2023)

Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to version 1.15.

What's new:
  • Fixed missing "Bushido OK" label in the equipment detail screen (got broken a few versions ago)
  • Updated Alphabetical Lore to version 1.1
  • Fixed missing wait for button press after a few special end-of-battle messages
  • Updated the C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation to version 2.9
  • Made 43 edits to the field dialog script, mostly minor (#2100-2199 focus)
Happy New Year!  Hello
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • protopizza (03-08-2024), sangrefria (01-14-2024)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hello, sir!

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your great work! I made my first ever playthrough of FFVI with your hack.

Just one notice: The sprite of the esper Siren still appears to be censored as her bum is covered by her dress. (I played version 1.11 and 1.15).
I don't know whether this is intentional or a bug.

On the other hand, all other sprites (Final Boss, Lakshmi etc.) are uncensored as far as I can tell.

Greetings!
  Find

Status
Enlight
Happy 30th anniversary of FF6!

The hack has been updated to version 2.00Frog Victory

What's new:
  • Fixed erroneous description text for Ramuh's level-up bonus (Thanks for reporting, @RoSoDude)
  • Made 137 revisions to the field dialog script, mostly minor (#2200 - #3082 focus)
The bump to v2.00 marks the completion of the additional full review of the dialog script which began shortly after the original release of the hack back in 2020. The script is now clearer, tighter, and more credible than ever. And for the first time in this release, I have dipped my toes into another "source":

Taking stock of the other fixes and features added since v1.00, the project is in a much improved place today compared to where it was four years ago:
  • The C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation has since gone from version 1.18 to 2.9 with ~20 patch additions and updates. Thanks C. V.!
  • Numerous text errors and project bugs have been addressed.
  • Over ten new features have been added -- including the improved Cancel Button Dash with timer penalty, SwdTech Suspend, Alphabetical Rage combined with Rage Checklist, the new fix for the scripted Kefka battle (and I still owe ya'll a standalone patch)...
  • Earlier rash aesthetic changes have been dropped.
  • Secondary patches like the Anti-Fix patch have been added.
Thanks to everyone who has given me feedback thus far on here and elsewhere. You've been an indispensable help!

Happy Octave of Easter. Hello

Hi @sangrefria, thanks for giving ROSE a shot on your first playthrough, and thank you for your kind words!

(01-14-2024, 07:31 AM)sangrefria Wrote: Just one notice: The sprite of the esper Siren still appears to be censored as her bum is covered by her dress.

No comment.  Tongue
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • RoSoDude (04-08-2024), sangrefria (04-18-2024)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Congrats on the anniversary release!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (04-03-2024)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello.
I have recently wanted to play ff6 for the first time.
I have decided to use either ROSE or TWUE hacks.
when looking at TWUE I noticed that it offers two options for opera songs, one being the SNES version and the other being the GBA version.
which one is being used in the ROSE hack?
also some commenter said that one of the versions syncs better to the music.
now I do not want to spoil myself by checking out both versions, but if someone knows which version the commenter was talking about, please post a reply below.
  Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(04-21-2024, 11:28 PM)visitor34846 Wrote: Hello.
when looking at TWUE I noticed that it offers two options for opera songs, one being the SNES version and the other being the GBA version.
now I do not want to spoil myself by checking out both versions, but if someone knows which version the commenter was talking about, please post a reply below.

I'm not sure what ROSE uses, though my guess is that it is based on the GBA translation. The two choices in TWUE are either the SNES or the GBA version of the Opera scene. It's really a matter of choice which is why I chose to give people that option.

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Status
Enlight
(04-21-2024, 11:28 PM)visitor34846 Wrote: Hello.

Hi,

Between SNES and GBA, the GBA version is the one that best matches syllables to the music.
The ROSE opera is largely based on the GBA text. As with the rest of the ROSE project, some of the novel content from the GBA text is simplified or brought closer to literal based on available unofficial translations. It also improves the syncing slightly.
Anyone curious about the differences can compare the three here [starting with caption 1209]).

Hope that helps!