Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
^ SnesTool (SNESTL12) does the same thing, iirc.  that's why i made a point to use SamIPS by LoongSam for at least one of my patches.  it was something involving non-consecutive pointer table entries being edited by the patch, and i didn't want the sandwiched one(s) as casualties.

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to v1.09.

Among the changes:
  • Fixed a graphical glitch with the Falcon sprite on the world map
  • Integrated the fix for the game-crashing bug in the Anti-Fix patch
  • Made 39 revisions to the field dialog script (#1400 - #1499 focus), mostly minor stuff as usual
  • (Hopefully without bugging anything up) improved the reconstruction of unused caption #1036 content. 
    ...And I now owe @Everything a credit for FF6Tools. Awesome editor!
Enjoy!

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Going up Mt. Kolts before the encounter with Vargas Terra says:

"It's you, isn't it?
You're the student who must've killed Master Duncan!"

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no indication that Duncan is dead until it's revealed by Sabin that Vargas murdered him.
  Find

Status
Enlight
Hi @Axiphel,

Thanks for looking out for oddities.

That line, originally fully dummied out, will appear in ROSE if and only if the party has learned enough about Vargas & Duncan to that point from NPCs. One of the requirements is the following exchange with the old man outside Sabin's house:

Status
None
Thank you for all your work on this patch. Totally different experience playing through with the updated translation and all the bug fixes.

I wanted to report a minor piece of errata. When speaking to Madeline after the battle with the Crane(s) she says:

"I couldn't stand the spial of greed and hatred in that place any longer..."

Is this meant to read "spiral of greed and hatred"?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to twaddington for this post:
  • SilentEnigma (04-03-2022)

Status
Enlight
Hi @twaddington, thanks for the heads up. Glad you've been enjoying the hack otherwise!
Yes, "spiral"... that's a new typo in v1.09. I promise, the aim is to improve things with each rev... Sad  

But FF6 has an anniversary coming up soon, so viva la v1.10!

Among the fixes will be the "Extra Rages Alt" patch which, in its current form, has the minor flaw of not working at all. Finger

Status
None
Ah, I guess I didn't read much of what that NPC at Sabin's house said and wasn't used to Terra saying anything in that situation. Sorry. Smile

Does anyone know if madsiur's Random Encounters Menu Option works with ROSE?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-31-2022, 06:31 PM)Axiphel Wrote: Does anyone know if madsiur's Random Encounters Menu Option works with ROSE?

I would say the IPS patch likely does not work, but if ROSE does not have a new menu option in Config1 on the last row at the bottom of the screen, has $BA bytes of free space in bank $C3 and $11 bytes of free space in bank $C0, a compatibility patch could be made very easily, you'd just need to change two things in the random encounter hack main.asm file to point to the ROSE free space. The problem could be just that the default free space used by the IPS patch is often used by other hacks ($C3F091 and $C0D613). If ROSE has changes in the config1 screen or already has an extra option menu at the same place, a compatibility patch could be harder to make.
  Find

Status
Enlight
In just under the wire (EST), as usual...
The hack is updated to v1.10.

Just a few fixes this time:
  • Fixed a bug preventing the "Duplicate Enemy Names" bug-fix from taking effect
  • A few revisions to the field dialog script, including typo fixes for captions #135 and #1446 (Thanks again @twaddington, I owe you a credit in the readme)
  • Fixed a bug in the add-on "FF6ROSE-ExtraRagesAlt" -- the patch was originally useless
Unfortunately could not pull the trigger on a more significant change (full pseudo-variable-width-font enemy names on the battle screen) due to a minor bug on the SrBehemoth boss fight.
Next time!

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
Can't believe I didn't read about this until now, fantastic work!
  Find