Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Add learning new spells

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Is there a way to add more learning spells from esper? 

Simply adding a spell to an esper learned rate does not work, and it create some weird name for it.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
FF6 Misc Data Editor or FF6EEE, if I understand correctly. Both in the programs link from the site.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
(02-12-2020, 09:29 AM)Catone Wrote: FF6 Misc Data Editor or FF6EEE, if I understand correctly. Both in the programs link from the site.

I look at FF6EEE & it's a mess. Everything is different ,& when I save & look at it through ff3usME, there no change even when FF6EEE said it does.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Part of that is because with the changes FF6EEE makes, FF3usME is not compatible. FF6EEE makes changes and moves data in order to expand those list of learned spells.

In other words, once you use FF6EEE you will not want to make any changes to magic or espers using FF3usME. FF3usME will try and write data to original locations and possibly break the whole ROM after making changes with FF6EEE, ALSO, with FF3usME looking within normal ranges for the information, changes made with FF6EEE won't necessarily show up at all, or out of order in FF3usME.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Status
None
(02-12-2020, 11:21 AM)Catone Wrote: Part of that is because with the changes FF6EEE makes, FF3usME is not compatible. FF6EEE makes changes and moves data in order to expand those list of learned spells.

In other words, once you use FF6EEE you will not want to make any changes to magic or espers using FF3usME. FF3usME will try and write data to original locations and possibly break the whole ROM after making changes with FF6EEE, ALSO, with FF3usME looking within normal ranges for the information, changes made with FF6EEE won't necessarily show up at all, or out of order in FF3usME.

Too bad then, cause I will likely crash the game when making changes in the future.

The list stop at Life 3, but there are plenty of useless atks, that I would like to change them into black spells like Flood or Bio 2. Any way to learn more than those given list?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-12-2020, 07:24 PM)doofenH Wrote: Any way to learn more than those given list?

No, SRAM has only 54 spell bytes per characters so it's not possible to learn anything above black/grey/white spells. You'd need to expand SRAM and do some ASM modifications to allow more.
  Find

Threads: 7
Status
None
What is FF6EEE?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-12-2020, 08:37 PM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: What is FF6EEE?

It stands for Expanded Esper Editor: https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...til:ff6eee
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • NPCnextdoor (02-13-2020)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-12-2020, 07:24 PM)doofenH Wrote: The list stop at Life 3, but there are plenty of useless atks, that I would like to change them into black spells like Flood or Bio 2. Any way to learn more than those given list?

You need B-run's MMMMMagic patch. It'll take you a few days to set up, but it can expand the list of magic to 64 spells, and can allow you to have up to 16 Actors with magic lists. My hack utilizes this patch, and includes:
Virus (aka Bio 2)
Octant (1/8 HP)
Flood (Powerful water spell)
Rasp 2 (useful in the Fanatic's Tower)
Blind (since the evade bug is fixed)
Blink (like Shadow's scroll casts)
Safe 2 (full-party safe)
Shell 2 (full-party shell)
Refrsh (MP-healing spell)
Purify (heals doom, zombie, undead, frozen)

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • doofenH (02-13-2020), madsiur (02-13-2020), SSJ Rick (02-14-2020)

Status
None
You need B-run's MMMMMagic patch.
[/quote]

The patch work on v1.0 unmodified rom, however the rom I been hacking crashed & I think I know the reason.

It crash because of the header, however I cannot remove the header or else other patches I applied will not work.
  Find