Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A few questions regarding spells

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this site and I been hacking Final Fantasy VI since many years ago but lost interest. So Now I'm starting to hack again.

I have a few questions to ask and yes I search in the forum and could not find any answers. I might overlook them, apologies if I did.

1) Is there any possibility to have any spell that can display a battle message? for example, in Final Fantasy on the NES when an enemy cast a spell on a party (ex: SLOW) and the message will display "Lost Intelligence." Is it possible to do that for FFVI?

2) Where is the CINDERIZER spell animation located? It shows a lightning bolt strike down.

3) Can you re-organize the spell list? Like Cure, Cure 2, Cure 3, Life, Life 2, Life 3, Antodt, Remedy, Regen. It's really bugging me to see Life 3 on the list last.

4) Possible to replace *black magic icon* Pearl to *white icon* Pearl and make Pearl into White Magic list?

Thanks everyone!

I will probably ask more question later.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
(04-07-2014, 07:00 PM)XFER Wrote: 3) Can you re-organize the spell list? Like Cure, Cure 2, Cure 3, Life, Life 2, Life 3, Antodt, Remedy, Regen. It's really bugging me to see Life 3 on the list last.

4) Possible to replace *black magic icon* Pearl to *white icon* Pearl and make Pearl into White Magic list?

I'm not sure what level of Hacking you're comfortable with, but FF3usME will take care of those two, easily Enough.

If you want Life 3 at the Top, just switch it with Cure or Andot, via the Renaming and Effects Managment section. Of course, you would need to change how the Spell is Acquired via Espers, etc. So there may be a simpler way.

Same for making a Black Magic into a White Magic. Just switch the Attributes. For example... If you Renamed "Fire" as "Cure", and gave it the Attributes of Cure, it would appear totally as Cure, and Operate as Cure, but would be the First in the List of the Black Magic spells. Even if you changed their Order in the In-Game Status Config.

But for sure, the Renaming function has the Black, White and Grey Buttons available as Characters.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(04-07-2014, 07:00 PM)XFER Wrote: 1) Is there any possibility to have any spell that can display a battle message? for example, in Final Fantasy on the NES when an enemy cast a spell on a party (ex: SLOW) and the message will display "Lost Intelligence." Is it possible to do that for FFVI?

It depends on whether you specifically want the message to display only when the enemies use it, or if you want the message to display when your characters use it as well. You can set spells to have a battle quote when cast by the enemies, but unfortunately that doesn't carry over to characters, so it won't display going that way. There might be an easy fix for that through hex editing, I'm not sure.

(04-07-2014, 07:00 PM)XFER Wrote: 2) Where is the CINDERIZER spell animation located? It shows a lightning bolt strike down.

Cinderizer is a special attack used by enemies, so it's more along the lines of Bane Touch or Havoc Wing than Bolt 2 and Giga Volt. You can change things in the enemy specials animation tab in the monster editor.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
(04-07-2014, 07:00 PM)XFER Wrote: 3) Can you re-organize the spell list? Like Cure, Cure 2, Cure 3, Life, Life 2, Life 3, Antodt, Remedy, Regen. It's really bugging me to see Life 3 on the list last.

There are a couple of things to consider here. Yes, you can do this in FF3usME, but if you want to shuffle the whole list down, it'll be tedious -- you'll have to replicate each spell in the next slot down, basically. (So set up Antdot in the Remedy slot, Remedy in the Regen slot, etc.) Then you'll have to adjust all of the esper spell lists, because those draw on the spells by ID, which will have changed, and if there are any items/relics that draw on white magic spells by spell ID (I don't think there are any off-hand in vanilla, but I wouldn't swear to it) you'll have to adjust the spell ID for those, as well.

Shuffling the spell list may actually be easier in a hex editor than in FF3usME, since if you know the locations of the spells data, it's a simple cut->insert to shift everything the right way. (Off-hand, you'll need to do that in a couple of spots -- one for the spell bytes, one for the spell name. Can anyone think of anywhere else?) You're then looking at the relics/items/etc and esper lists the same as before.

Quote:4) Possible to replace *black magic icon* Pearl to *white icon* Pearl and make Pearl into White Magic list?

The first part is easy -- as Nyquill said, the white icon is just part of the game text so you can adjust that in FF3usME using the name editor. As for moving it into the white magic list, however, that will require some hex editing (and, again, shuffling the magic list around). The game determines what falls into each list by size-of-chunk combined with where-it-starts-in-the-list; black magic starts at ID #00, then grey, then white. By moving a black magic list into the white magic list, you'll have to adjust (in a few different places) a) the length of the black magic list (reduced by 1), b) the starting point of the grey magic list (reduced by 1), c) the length of the white magic list (increased by 1), and d) the starting point of the white magic list (reduced by 1). You're looking, I think, mostly at banks C3 and C1 for that, w/r/t drawing the field and battle menus; I can't think off-hand where else the game would split up the magic lists except when drawing them, since otherwise it handles all of PC spells as one chunk.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
It really is tedious as it gets, and that's coming from someone who gave each item a description lol.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
You gave each Item a description?Surprised Not even I did that.

Shine 
  Find