Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Hey, CVR. Nice to see you're still kicking, even if times aren't the best. In fact it sounds like you're having a hell of a time. If working on the patch helps you motivate yourself, that's great, but don't sweat it. The patch is good as it is and I recommend it often.

I have familiarity with depression and the feelings you describe, and your remark makes it sound like you doubt whether you're welcome or appreciated here. Sometimes when you isolate yourself for too long, you hear your depression speak and tell you nobody gives a damn. Let me tell you, I wasn't expecting or waiting for you to come around, but only because I assumed you were doing well and were just so busy with life that you didn't have time to work on modding. In my experience, when you drop off the grid for a while due to depression, people just assume you're busy and wait for you to reach out. The longer you go, the harder it can be to do so, so kudos on reaching out. Now I know how you're feeling and I'd like to reassure you, if you need it, that your work and your presence in this community is much appreciated and I myself hold you in high esteem. If you want to talk, come hang out in our Discord for a bit.
  Find
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • CVReynolds (01-18-2020), Imzogelmo (12-07-2019), JWhiteLXXXIX (11-30-2019), madsiur (11-30-2019), Tenkarider (12-02-2019)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Thank you for the kind words and thank yous, everyone. You really make me want to work on this stuff again. :3

I intend to add "Shorter Skill Name Fix" and "Stuck in a Pose v2.5" to the next update. Before I do though, I need to ask you all something.

Does anyone still have Lenophis's patches? I was thinking I'd like to add his patch for blocking a Muddled Joker Doom, but I don't have it. SlickProductions isn't around anymore, and I don't know where else to get it.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • madsiur (01-15-2020)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(01-15-2020, 04:09 PM)CVReynolds Wrote: Does anyone still have Lenophis's patches? I was thinking I'd like to add his patch for blocking a Muddled Joker Doom, but I don't have it. SlickProductions isn't around anymore, and I don't know where else to get it.

I'm glad to see you want to continue working on this.. Slick Productions patches are available on the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/201706080108...atches.php

If you can't download it, I probably have it on my computer, I would only need to know the name of the patch..
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • CVReynolds (01-18-2020)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Bug-Fix 1.16 released. :3

Changes:

Updated Stuck in a Pose to 2.5 (SilentEnigma)
Added Shorter Skill Name Fix (Madsiur)
Added To Joker Doom or Not to Joker Doom (Lenophis)

Thanks for the link to the Lenophis patches, Madsiur. :3

Still to come:

PowerPanda's Banon Riding replacement!
Script-fix update to fix a few inconsistent things!
All new second script-fix to fix more errors in the script! (I'm working on it now)
Splitting the bug-fix patch into several patches to give more options! (I've worked on this a little, but I still need to work out how many categories I need)

Thanks to everyone for the support. :3 I honestly cried because I was so touched. I'm far from used to such kind treatment on the internet. You're all so kind to me.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (01-18-2020), madsiur (01-18-2020), PowerPanda (01-19-2020), SilentEnigma (03-14-2020)

Status
None
I have all of Slick Productions old patches archived, along with most anything else that was at one point publicly available, even some stuff off Mnrogar's forum that was never released, like Assassin's Sketch fix part 2, and his improved Vanish-Doom fix. Hit me up on Discord and I'll send you whatever you need.

I should probably upload this stuff to the Wiki, though.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • Imzogelmo (01-23-2020)

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-18-2020, 02:19 PM)seibaby Wrote: I should probably upload this stuff to the Wiki, though.

That's the mindset everyone should have, i.e. updating the wiki!
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
I, for one, would like to get a copy of the old Mnrogar's Den bug threads. The Novalia one and the older one (Master Zed's). They both had info that could be used to make some unreleased bug or "bug" fix patches. The difference being that some quirks are arguable in their bughood, but a patch at least gives you options.

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(01-23-2020, 01:08 PM)Imzogelmo Wrote: I, for one, would like to get a copy of the old Mnrogar's Den bug threads. The Novalia one and the older one (Master Zed's). They both had info that could be used to make some unreleased bug or "bug" fix patches.

assassin has a 2014 mnrogar backup (see this post) which could help. It would only be a matter of hosting it locally with the help of xampp or another tool and cache/save the bug threads in html format.
  Find

Status
None
I went through both those threads, as well as ZED's bugs and glitches guide, and added them to the bugtracker on my github. I'm sure there are some bugs I missed, but to my knowledge, it is the most comprehensive bug list available online at the moment. I know there are a few bugs that aren't mentioned there, though.

http://www.github.com/seibaby
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I had spent the last several hours collecting patches before finding this page, wish i'd found this earlier.

Have you considered replacing the "Banon Riding" patch with the "Everybody Gets a Chocobo" patch by PowerPanda? It completes several character sprite sheets fixing a few other bugs too
  Find