Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Catnip
Thank you so much for this patch pack, its quite a godsend.

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(11-04-2018, 08:01 PM)CVReynolds Wrote: Morph Mayhem (Leet Sketcher)

Heads up, if you're using this patch compilation... this particular patch caused a problem for me you might want to watch out for.

If you set Morph status via a spell (such as a spell in the Magitek menu), the automated Revert triggered by an empty morph supply will crash your game.
You can avoid this glitch in your mods by applying Leetsketcher's corresponding antipatch immediately as the second patch, after applying C.V.'s compilation.  It's in the Morph Mayhem zip if you find it online (I found it at RHDN).
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-23-2019, 03:14 PM)C-Dude Wrote: If you set Morph status via a spell (such as a spell in the Magitek menu), the automated Revert triggered by an empty morph supply will crash your game.

That's good to know. However it's not really a problem if you leave morph use like the vanilla way.. Maybe you could leave a message on LeetSketcher website about this.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
Hi. I recently brought to madsiur's attention that there's an original-game bug where, if you enter the Espers menu, cancel to the main Skill list, then enter a character skill menu that has a shorter name than Espers, the other characters get appended to the end of the short name. It works the same with magic costs, SwdTech, Blitz, Rage, and Dance. (My screenshots show this off perfectly.)

However, mads thankfully made a patch that fixes this perfectly and works with the Bug-fix Compilation.

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3863.html

Cheers!
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
I just want to say that I've been looking all over for a complete FFVI patch and this is just what I needed. Thank you.

Aside from this, how well does it mesh with something like Rodimus Primal's Woolsey Uncensored patch? He patches/adds a few things that this doesn't.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
According to a patch conflict checker tool, there are quite a few conflicts that would undoubtedly break the game at some point or another. Checking the basic patches from both, there are 39 conflicts throughout the ROM. You'd probably have to revert them all to either one hack or the other and then hope for the best. It'd definitely help to know what exactly each conflict/address is, but it'd be pretty tedious detective work trying to hunt down each individual patch used and/or whatever work has been done, in order to safely change it or remove it.

Can see the patch_conflict.txt here if you'd like:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h4stx5die...t.txt/file

I tried playing with both patches applied, and while it surprisingly made it through the first battle, it restarted the game on I think the 3rd battle in Narsh beginning, so some work would indeed be needed.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a compatibility patch for the headered mmmmmagic v1?

According to LSAs Patch Checker they conflict at hex address 02605c.
mmmmmagic has 22 cf 50 c3 at 02605c and CVs bugfix has 5a b0 0e 20 83 62 be 10 30 bd 1e 16 30 03 20 2a 60 20 dc 5f at 02605e.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
Hey.

I've not abandoned this "project". Well, not completely anyway. I still plan to overhaul the patches at some point. And I want to add the newer bug-fixes. And I want to split the patches still, when I have time to figure out which of them do what. I've just had a major lack of enthusiasm lately. Depression. Sad Feelings of hopelessness. Worthlessness. Then it built up in my mind to not come back here. It becomes a barrier. Today I managed to break it. Maybe soon I'll start my script-fix rework. Whenever I have a little time I guess. And some motivation. I apologize for all I've made wait so long to hear from me. For if anyone actually wanted to.

See you later, I guess.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to CVReynolds for this post:
  • C-Dude (11-29-2019), Imzogelmo (12-07-2019), Robo Jesus (11-30-2019)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
(11-29-2019, 02:31 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: I apologize for all I've made wait so long to hear from me. For if anyone actually wanted to.

See you later, I guess.

I want to thank you for all your hard work on this bugfix compilation.  While I ran into some compatibility problems to start, your patch was a major leap forward in cleaning up the combat banks for me.

Just wanted you to know that your efforts are appreciated.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • CVReynolds (01-18-2020)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(11-29-2019, 02:31 AM)CVReynolds Wrote: Hey.

I've not abandoned this "project". Well, not completely anyway. I still plan to overhaul the patches at some point. And I want to add the newer bug-fixes. And I want to split the patches still, when I have time to figure out which of them do what. I've just had a major lack of enthusiasm lately. Depression. Sad Feelings of hopelessness. Worthlessness. Then it built up in my mind to not come back here. It becomes a barrier. Today I managed to break it. Maybe soon I'll start my script-fix rework. Whenever I have a little time I guess. And some motivation. I apologize for all I've made wait so long to hear from me. For if anyone actually wanted to.

See you later, I guess.

Well, that must suck for sure... How do you feel at the moment? Not like i know how to help you, but if you think doing this stuff actually makes you feel better, then you should keep doing it. 
In any case never stop doing what makes you feel good!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • CVReynolds (01-18-2020), madsiur (11-30-2019)