Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question - Changing the way Wait Battle Mode works

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey. I'm in the progress of making another FF6 Hack. Since I'm doing the same game again, I was trying to think of ways to make it more different, so I have a heavier focus on difficulty and balance this time around.

Anyway, I've been poking around a little bit - I'm not exactly an expert at this stuff, but I've managed to use the excellent Data Crystal wiki and other documents on this website to do some simple things like modify the amount of damage a weakness hit does (Since double is way too much), even if it's in my own slapdash way. 

But I was wondering if it was possible to have the Wait Mode pause all ATB bars even when a battle animation is playing? Since it's not too difficult to manipulate things in such a way that you'll be getting more turns by waiting in menus while animations play then you would otherwise. I do realize this would slow battles down, but Active would remain an option.

The other idea, if that is impossible or far too difficult, if it would be possible to make Active the default selection on the options menu, and then remove the choice to change the style entirely. (I managed to figure out the "remove the choice" part, but not the "make active default" part)

That said, I think the first way is better, since it's not like I dislike wait mode. Thanks very much for any help you all could offer.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 24
Status
None
(01-11-2019, 07:57 PM)MC50 Wrote: Hey. I'm in the progress of making another FF6 Hack. Since I'm doing the same game again, I was trying to think of ways to make it more different, so I have a heavier focus on difficulty and balance this time around.

Anyway, I've been poking around a little bit - I'm not exactly an expert at this stuff, but I've managed to use the excellent Data Crystal wiki and other documents on this website to do some simple things like modify the amount of damage a weakness hit does (Since double is way too much), even if it's in my own slapdash way. 

But I was wondering if it was possible to have the Wait Mode pause all ATB bars even when a battle animation is playing? Since it's not too difficult to manipulate things in such a way that you'll be getting more turns by waiting in menus while animations play then you would otherwise. I do realize this would slow battles down, but Active would remain an option.

The other idea, if that is impossible or far too difficult, if it would be possible to make Active the default selection on the options menu, and then remove the choice to change the style entirely. (I managed to figure out the "remove the choice" part, but not the "make active default" part)

That said, I think the first way is better, since it's not like I dislike wait mode. Thanks very much for any help you all could offer.

I know someone made a wait mode that majorly utilized the speed state (for determining who goes when during battle, and actually giving speed actual use) for the mod Brave New World. He has it listed either somewhere on this forum, at the New Game+ forum, or possibly both. Hope this helps.
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Think0028 made a mod for Brave New World called "nATB", which among other things causes ATB to pause during animations. It disables Active mode, but with a little tinkering you could modify it to preserve Active mode. I think Dn made a version for his own hack that kept Active mode usable.

Think0028 hangs around the NG+ community at ngplus.net and its Discord. Dn is active on our own Discord.
  Find