Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 255
Thanks Given: 142
Status
None
Just as a heads up, if you see something with obvious corruption, or you get to a point where nothing you do will progress the story, then assume first that it is a patching issue. Many people have completed Divergent Paths at this point, and the bugs, though they exist, are such that they may not even occur in your playthrough. Gi Nattak has been researching some of the bugs, and a version 1.2 will be coming at some undetermined point in the future.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 27
Status
None
That’s music to my ears. Keep up the good work fellas. Version 1.2 should be the TITS.

Once I’m done with my script update, I’ll get serious about hex editing and give that new game + patch a go. Of course, anyone who wants to beat me too the finish line and start working on a new game + patch before then...by all means. Needless to say, Divergent Paths with a new game + added would be mind bogglingly gooooooooood.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
In 1.1, how to beat Wrexsoul? Killing the mini foes (SoulSavers) repeatedly did nothing, and only by killing ourselves purposely did he reappear. This seems like a critical problem to fix!
@PowerPanda
  Find

Threads: 93
Thanks Received: 355
Thanks Given: 324
Status
Nattak\'d
That's how it is in the original game as well, for the Wrexsoul fight - once he uses Zinger, you need to get a random party member near-fatal or wounded status for him to reappear, in order to inflict damage. Break/Petrify works as well. Wrexsoul should explain this gimmick when the battle starts.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • PowerPanda (09-16-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 255
Thanks Given: 142
Status
None
Admittedly, Wrexsoul is harder, because you have 4 party members instead of 3. But yeah, not even close to a bug, and explained in-game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I realized how to beat Wrexsoul via experimentation.  In vanilla, I just used X-Zone and killed him easily.

I also realized that ARVIS became the WoR equipment manager.  He should also come with an in-flight healer to heal the team just like that one guy from the Blackjack.  That and a discounted item shop.  All on the main deck for convenience.

I'm unsure what other hacks implement this, but I would much prefer that learning spells from espers makes your entire party learn the spell, even if they haven't joined yet.  This would drastically reduce the grinding!  (I normally use Game Genie or Pro Action Replay codes to make learning everything from an esper very fast - like one win per person per esper - because of the grinding involved.  (I only mention this as a problem because this hack lacks any compatible codes to make learning spells (nearly) instantaneous.)  Multiply the number of characters who can learn from espers by the number of espers that teach unique spells and you get a combination of hating the game.

I know I can use Moogle Charms to skip random fights, but bosses still exist.  Multi-party areas are more conveniently done as multi-party areas, instead of just using my best 4 characters to beat each boss.

Adding this quick learning function for spells - at least as an optional patch - would improve the game for many people who just want to play the game and not be concerned about grinding. Maybe make this an instant esper mastery relic.

Thankee!
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 27
Status
None
You could always learn some hex editing and make a patch that would involve the whole party learning spells from espers. I’m rather conservative with my spells. So I’d opt-out of a patch like that. But, there IS a need for the patch.
  Find