None
Yep, "that's how it's done!"
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(07-16-2021, 07:16 PM)ChiyuCC Wrote: I finally got around to giving this romhack a proper try. Really enjoying it so far! I'll give some more in-depth feedback later :-).

For now, I have a quick question. IIRC Cyan's dream scene gave you the Aura (Masamune) weapon in the original game.
However, when I opened my inventory after completing the sequence I didn't find the katana there.
I know that you made some pretty big changes to Cyan's dream so I was wondering if you purposely moved the Aura somewhere else, or if this is a bug?
(Not that the weapon was actually very good, but I'm a bit of a completionist so I'd hate to miss out on anything.)

My apologies if this has been asked or explained before.

Looking at the event code, I don't see it being given there like it was in the original, or anywhere else, so unless it's in a treasure chest somewhere then I guess the other ways to obtain it would still be to: 

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Well shoot. You're right. I originally meant to give it to Cyan in the Ancient Castle, but I repurposed that chest for the Shock Bangle, and then plum forgot to give it back to Cyan in his dream. Maybe there will be a version 1.11. I also found a misplaced pointer in the auction house that will cause the game to lock if you don't have enough money to buy Golem.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Found something for you:

[Image: Final%20Fantasy%20III%20%28USA%29%20%28D...210745.png]
Don't think Mog's body is supposed to be the number 6.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
(07-18-2021, 09:14 PM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: Found something for you:
<Image snipped>

PowerPanda is aware of this bug, but not its cause.  Something is corrupting Mog's lower portion sprite, and only his lower portion sprite.  Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

(1) What emulator were you playing on?
(2) What were you doing before the bug occurred?
(3) Were you using Fast Forward?

You'll want to reload an earlier save and try the scene again; if you save you'll be stuck with scramble Mog the rest of the game.
  Find

Threads: 3
Status
None
(07-18-2021, 09:17 PM)C-Dude Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 09:14 PM)DarkPhoenix Wrote: Found something for you:
<Image snipped>

PowerPanda is aware of this bug, but not its cause.  Something is corrupting Mog's lower portion sprite, and only his lower portion sprite.  Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

(1) What emulator were you playing on?
(2) What were you doing before the bug occurred?
(3) Were you using Fast Forward?

You'll want to reload an earlier save and try the scene again; if you save you'll be stuck with scramble Mog the rest of the game.
1) Retroarch SNES-9x
2) I was going through the scene like I usually do.
3) Not for a while before that; I generally only FF when I'm level grinding.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DarkPhoenix for this post:
  • C-Dude (07-18-2021)

Threads: 11
Status
None
This might be the reason for the Mog glitch just after the parties first fight with Ultros...Mog will glitch out during the narrative section...just wishful thinking.

At least, the two glitches may be related, that's just a clarification.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I've yet to see it happen at all, I've tried a few times now from a new game. Mog's sprite is never broken for me, and I can't figure out why if it is for everyone else. At this point I'd really like to see it firsthand lol. Then I could at least attempt to troubleshoot.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Status
None
Hi there. Two new bugs to report.

First of all, the lower half of the background is gone in the screens where you have to divide your party among two or three teams (battle of Narshe, Phoenix Cave, Kefka's Tower).
Personally, it's not a big deal because I know where to place the characters but for new players it might be a bit confusing.
(For the record I'm using Retroarch's Snes9x2010 core.)

The second bug is a bit more annoying.
I got around to playing Kefka's Tower. Party 2 and 3 got to the later part where they have to stand on the switches to open the center pathway.
But when I switched to party 1, I suddenly found myself in a map that seems to be the pub of Albrook, devoid of any NPC's.
Leo was the leader of party 1, as you can see on the photo I took. I'm not sure if that's related, or if this is just a coincidence.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
As frustrating as all of these bugs can be, I am finished with this project for the time being.

I suspect that some of what people are seeing with the mog sprite glitch, the party switching putting you on a new map, and so forth, might be related to modifications I made to the Full Roster patch, since C-Dude used almost all of the expansions that I did, yet does not have this glitch. I think it might actually be related to me using event bit $0FF for Umaro's "recruited" bit. That bit's supposed to be unused, but other things during testing make me suspect of it. If I could reliably reproduce the Mog Sprite glitch, this would be easy to test, but the intermittent nature of it appearing means that I have to make the change, and then play through the entire game with my fingers crossed to see if it worked. Note that in my first 2 playthroughs of the game, I only encountered the Mog Sprite Glitch once. I was using ZSNES. Then I switched to SNES9x, and it started happening all the time.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find