Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
(06-27-2021, 04:49 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: There is some sort of memory leak when using breakable tools that comes to a head between 13-16 uses. It will add glitched items to the inventory, and cause your next tool to break without displaying a message (even unbreakable Tools!).

After a bit more testing, I see now it is exactly 13 uses of any tool, but if the tool breaks during a turn, that usage will not add to the counter. So for instance if you use a tool nine times, then on the tenth it breaks, the total for the bug to trigger would still be at 9/13 and not 10/13. Hopefully this might help a bit more.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sounds brutal! Just a question, but is it essential to have breakable tools? I’d encourage the
down-time. I’ve got at least half (if not more) of the entire script edited so far. Burn out is definitely setting in, though. If you’re willing to spend a week or two away from the project, I could have a master draft completed by the time you guys get done with version 1.1...at the very least a beta draft for sure. I’ve been up all of last night working on it and spent well over 10 or 12 hours on it yesterday. It’s time for me to step back from the obsession...just a bit. Making some obvious mistakes, etc.. Celebrate your wins, bruh!
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Breakable tools wasn't a necessity for the project, but now that it's built in, it's hard to take out. It's not just changing a mechanic; it involves NPCs and the Falcon's Crew sidequest. Any changes now will affect save files. So the only way forward is fixing it.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Bugger...that’s no good...

I noticed a discrepancy, plot wise, last night. Some may skip Cyan’s/Gau’s character development in the WOR. And, that would alter the way Gau speaks during the ending “skit”. As an example, if the development had been achieved, he could say something like this: All my friends surround me...for life! Thank you, everyone! And, later on: Not that way, this way!

I was thinking of asking for a public hand-off in regards to the hex edit with that during the absolute final phase of my project, but it may not be worth the trouble. Last question, before I become too obnoxious (and this one is for the community at large). When I expand the rom, what would be the correct bit size? I believe the Ted Woolsey Uncensored patch is set for 4MB...are there other sizes that would workout? I’ve got access to lunar expand. If I’m correct, 4MB would increase the rom to 32-bits...would expanding the rom F-up the core patch in any way? Thanks for all your time. And, your consideration, too.
  Find

Status
None
(06-28-2021, 12:50 PM)Joshua H. Wrote: Last question, before I become too obnoxious (and this one is for the community at large).  When I expand the rom, what would be the correct bit size?  I believe the Ted Woolsey Uncensored patch is set for 4MB...are there other sizes that would workout?  I’ve got access to lunar expand.  If I’m correct, 4MB would increase the rom to 32-bits...would expanding the rom F-up the core patch in any way?  Thanks for all your time.  And, your consideration, too.

Most flash carts will support 32Mbits, as that is the size of Chrono Trigger. Can you imagine the hate mail they would get if someone couldn't play Chrono Trigger?  Laugh There are only a few SNES games that ever went above that. From memory, Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia are on that list.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
PowerPanda: Can you imagine the hate mail they would get if someone couldn't play Chrono Trigger?  Laugh

JH: LOL! Unfortunately, I can.  Everybody'd be kung-fu fighting... Pummel
4MB sounds like a mighty fine number to me.
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
By the way, my skipthrough playlist is complete if anyone wants to watch the major changes. There are spoilers in later videos, like getting the 16th character.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Sarah-ga for this post:
  • Joshua H. (07-06-2021), PowerPanda (07-05-2021)

Threads: 0
Status
None
Not Sure how I managed to have this happen to Mog during the start of the scenario split.  He's still able to move around - just a graphical mess.

No other issues to this point Smile

[Image: lmsNvuq.png]
  Find

Status
None
That's the Mog Sprite Glitch mentioned in the manual as one of a handful of bugs I wasn't able to fix.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I can't seem to ever have that happen, the Mog sprite glitch... At least for that scenario split part. I wonder if it happens under specific circumstances, or perhaps how the ROM was patched? I only say this because of the known difficulty some have had, including myself, getting this hack patched, so maybe the people experiencing it are doing it a way that others are not. I just can't imagine what else it could be. It reminds me of when I get a pointer offset wrong when expanding a sprite sheet, same sort of distortion, but for the whole sprite...
But yeah, I've tried 2 different ROMs, headered/no header, two different emulators, and starting from a new game, and Mog appears fine every time. I'd love to help try and fix it but if I can't even see it broken.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.