Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(05-17-2021, 04:58 PM)TBranford Wrote: Hi Power Panda!

Amazing release.

I'll begin to play the mod soon. It's been a long time I check weekly your project. Thank you for your effort and passion about mod.

General Leo is one of my favorite guest characters on FF. Is really cool to see him being more prominent in the story. It's like a dream becoming true (like Beatrix playable in FFIX with the Alternate Fantasy PC Mod). It's been years the last time I played FFVI.

Can I make a question?

It's possible to change somehow the run/walk button behavior with Hex Edit?
I really miss the press and "B" button to run. (LOL I know, I'm probably a minority here!)

Have a great week!!!

Be safe and take care!

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, it is possible to change this via a hex editor. My hack was not compatible with other similar pre-made patches because I removed the Sprint Shoes as an item. Let me take a look tonight to see what needs to change. The run/walk was my very first attempt at ASM, over 4 years ago, so I don't remember what I did.  Laugh

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay, you were correct about the Cyan/Edgar/Sabin scenario where I wasn't able to progress past the event when Cyan finds his dying wife and child in their room scene. I had taken the Version 9.0 patched version of Divergent Paths and applied the Vers. 99.2 version on top of it, that was the issue, and it was fixed when I used the V.99.2 patch on top of a clean ff3 1.0 Rom. I was also able to cut and paste my save state and save files over into the newly cleaned patched version with no difficulty or hiccups in resuming where I left off. The Elayne and Duayne sprites reappeared and I am now past the Narshe battle and onto the other side of Figaro where you have the option of recruiting Shadow for a second time.

I'm faced with a new problem however, and that is that when I purchase the Drill and Autocrossbow tools for Edgar, the game freezes up and my ZSNES emulator crashes every time he tries to use one of those tools during a battle sequence. Have other people complained about this to you before?

One other thing I just thought of Panda, will the Divergent Paths mod you created and compiled from other mods/hacks allow you to incorporate the Darker General Leo mod as well in a future 1.0 Version of Divergent Paths?

Ever since I played the General Leo version two years ago, I've had this wild idea of expanding upon Leo Christophe's origin story. Whereas Gau was born into "civilized society" and raised in The Veldt, I thought it would be interesting if Leo were to be born as the infant son of a tribe of wandering nomads in The Veldt, but somehow brought into "civilized society" (by a younger version of Gestahl perhaps?)

Leo's origin story could be revealed to the player via dream sequences similar to that of Shadow's/Clyde's in the World of Ruin.

I realize that that is likely impossible to do within the parameters of the programming of the Rom/Game itself, it's just something I'm putting out there for you Panda, and everyone else on here, to see, if for no other reason than to provide "creative brain candy."
  Find

Status
None
I just bought the Autocrossbow and Drill. Using either tool turns the screen either a jumble of colors or entirely black. The other tools worked fine.
  Find

Status
None
Thanks for the report on the Auto-Crossbow and Drill. I had to set the flags manually for both of them and it looks like I miscalculated by 1 byte. I have it fixed on my rom, and will include it in the next bugfix. Before that though, I also found a bug with the Bracers. If you optimize your gear, but you don't have a 2nd equippable weapon, the code goes through these stages:
1. Put a weapon on the R hand.
2. Put a weapon on the L hand.
3. If you can't, then unequip the character
4. Optimize the character as if they weren't wearing the Bracers.

However, somewhere between steps 2 & 3, the first weapon is getting unequipped, but not re-added to your inventory. I will look at this more tomorow.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
(05-19-2021, 12:20 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: Thanks for the report on the Auto-Crossbow and Drill. I had to set the flags manually for both of them and it looks like I miscalculated by 1 byte. I have it fixed on my rom, and will include it in the next bugfix. Before that though, I also found a bug with the Bracers. If you optimize your gear, but you don't have a 2nd equippable weapon, the code goes through these stages:
1. Put a weapon on the R hand.
2. Put a weapon on the L hand.
3. If you can't, then unequip the character
4. Optimize the character as if they weren't wearing the Bracers.

However, somewhere between steps 2 & 3, the first weapon is getting unequipped, but not re-added to your inventory. I will look at this more tomorow.

clearly, the solution is "never use optimize"  Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Beta Version 0.99.3 released. It is attached to the first post.

Fixes:
*For save files prior to meeting Edgar for the first time, Tools will not break until you clear the Doma Military Camp.
*Drill, Auto Crossbow, Debilitator, and Air Anchor will no longer crash the game. I had gotten their bytes shuffled around.
*Ghosts on the Phantom Train now correctly sell the Bio Blaster, and not Flash.
*If you try to Optimize with Bracers equipped and only 1 dual-wield weapon in your inventory, you will get that as your first weapon, even if a non-dual-wield weapon is technically better. This was the solution to the bug found where in that sitaution, the weapon would not get added back to your inventory. In reality, this will only ever affect the first couple of hours of the game.
*Fixed about 10 typos that people have reported.

*I'm trying one more attempted fix for the Mog Sprite Glitch. In the original game, Mog is written to slot A during the moogle battle, and slot D during "Choose A Scenario". I had previously made both of these instances slot A, since I need Leo to be named during the scenarios. I have now switched the Moogle Battle to Slot D, in hopes that will clear up any issues. I'm still mystified by this glitch.

I have looked into other reported isues--NPCs not appearing, the characters getting stuck on certain tiles, etc, and have not been able to reproduce them. Make sure that when you're applying these patches, you always apply to a clean rom. That should take care of most of the issues.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
Might be wise to request the emulator version they're playing on.

I have a few odd issues (overworld minimap not appearing) when playing BNW with an emulator on my PSP.

These could be emulator issues.

Status
None
Is there any way to apply patches to save files and save states from previous versions so that I don't have to start v99.3 from the beginning again?
  Find

Status
None
(05-19-2021, 05:54 PM)Tibrious Wrote: Is there any way to apply patches to save files and save states from previous versions so that I don't have to start v99.3 from the beginning again?

What version did you start with? If you use SNES9X debugger, I can tell you some RAM values to manually type in. You can make the edits to the RAM, save your game, and then play it on your normal emulator.

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
Oops, nevermind.
  Find