Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I believe there are some online IPS patchers out there. I haven't researched it thoroughly, but I will try to do so prior to the final 1.0 release. Let me know what you find.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-29-2021, 08:50 PM)meMemeMeYOU Wrote: How do I play this on a Chromebook I don't know how

If your Chromebook support Android apps, there's plenty of Android SNES emulators on the Google App Store. You could also probably find an IPS patcher there as well.

Edit: There is also this online patcher: https://www.ff6hacking.com/patcher/
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Any chance this could be offered as a non-headered patch? For the life of me I cannot find a headered rom to apply this to.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-30-2021, 01:31 AM)Tathamet Wrote: Any chance this could be offered as a non-headered patch?  For the life of me I cannot find a headered rom to apply this to.

You can add/remove a header with Tush: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/608/
  Find

Status
None
Clap Clap Clap

Wonderful, this hack raise a satisfaction level so damn high ! An Re-invention of FF6 without transform his quintessence.
i was on the first rank to try the 0.9 beta on my piboy dmg, and is good to try als of this neat balancing, modification and enhancement.
i m curious to try antinomia, but it seem that fast-moon don't let and open beta of his work.

i m waiting for the razing of vector, a fiendish battle trope in ff6 with and stronger FF classic ADN than ultros, chupon and siegfried will be the cherry on the cake for character's construction of this General Cristophe Wink.
if this event is strongly inspire by the fast-moon work, maybe consider that a gray palette colossus will feat a better battle Yura than an orange "utan" umaro ?
or maybe not, powerpanda you are free of yours choices, like fast-moon who chose mog for the guest character slot.

whatever, i enjoy this gameplay but i wonder if one day this work will reach the FF6A and be able to bring leo in the EX dungeon challenge ? i m not sure of the state of the art on gba editting.
26 years in the waiting, but it worth it all along.

great job, hang on !
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Neb for this post:
  • madsiur (03-30-2021), PowerPanda (03-30-2021)

Threads: 17
Status
Sadness
PowerPanda does your mod deal with level averages at all, like the recast mod?
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Moog
I should explain. Mac likes to use a code to set all the characters to level 99. This caused a crash in my hack; the game does not like to perform a level average on Terra in the second Zozo scene (right before getting the WoB airship) if she's already level 99.

I don't know whether or not this problem is a vanilla bug, or a consequence of something else I did with the hack, so it may not apply to Divergent Paths. Just be aware it might be a vanilla problem. It's certainly an edge case if it is, because short of using said code to reach level 99 no one is likely to encounter something like it. There isn't even any documentation about it, if it IS a vanilla bug it has yet to be traced and squashed.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • madsiur (03-31-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
To answer: Yes, it does. The base game does too, in several places. For example, when you get Terra back, Gau when you get the Falcon, and pretty much every character when you recruit them in the WoR. I have used level averaging for when Leo is recruited, when Bano rejoins your team briefly, and in the ending battle if you haven't previously recruited Terra.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (03-31-2021)

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-30-2021, 11:02 PM)C-Dude Wrote: I should explain.  Mac likes to use a code to set all the characters to level 99.  This caused a crash in my hack; the game does not like to perform a level average on Terra in the second Zozo scene (right before getting the WoB airship) if she's already level 99.  It causes a crash, actually.

I don't want to hijack PowerPanda's thread but I found these codes: https://www.almarsguides.com/retro/walkt...ionReplay/

Basically you could just for example replace the 63 in "Terra Is Level 99: 7E160863" by a smaller value like 50 (so the code would be 7E160850, that would give level 80) and see if it works.

Edit: Further discussion on codes/cheats should have its own thread IMO..
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • C-Dude (03-31-2021)

Status
None
I tried to patch a snes rom but there a bad checksum when I load it on snes9x. Is this correct? Is there any way to check if the rom is patched correctly? I used snesROMUtil to add header as told in this thread.
It should be the correct rom. MD5 checksums:
headerless: e986575b98300f721ce27c180264d890
headered: 7161afb7730f462cb713f8380ca6e4ab
I patched it using Lunar IPS, some online ips patcher and snes9x autoips option.
snes9x bad checksum: 7EC7CFF5
  Find