Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-23-2021, 12:25 AM)nobodyimp Wrote: Encountering a problem in Cyan's dream.

After the first screen with Cyan and the stooge, going to the next screen to the south takes my party into an infinite loop. It goes to the screens I attached to this reply. There is only one exit in each screen, and the exits take me back to the previous screen, forever.

That's how it is in Vanilla, you just have to move back. You'll eventually see Cyan, dream will end when you gonna cross the bridge.

Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'm using 0.99.3 and I'm not getting the cutscene in Vargas fight explaining that I can defeat him by doing a certain Blitz.

Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
(05-25-2021, 04:05 AM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: I'm using 0.99.3 and I'm not getting the cutscene in Vargas fight explaining that I can defeat him by doing a certain Blitz.

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ranatalus for this post:
  • CellingFam (05-25-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Ranatalus is correct, except he got the input wrong. You can see it in my playthrough here:
https://youtu.be/hmIhzeGKgn0?t=1433

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • CellingFam (05-25-2021), ranatalus (05-25-2021)

Threads: 0
Status
None
(05-25-2021, 04:05 AM)NPCnextdoor Wrote: I'm using 0.99.3 and I'm not getting the cutscene in Vargas fight explaining that I can defeat him by doing a certain Blitz.

(05-25-2021, 08:50 AM)ranatalus Wrote:

(05-25-2021, 09:50 AM)PowerPanda Wrote: Ranatalus is correct, except he got the input wrong. You can see it in my playthrough here:
https://youtu.be/hmIhzeGKgn0?t=1433

Find

Status
None
Spurred on by a discussion in the FF6Hacking Discord, I decided that Setzer needed a better introduction than the one he got in vanilla. I've changed a couple of things since recording, such as making sure the treasure chest doesn't disappear, and making the auctioneer's lines go to the bottom of the screen, but those are minor changes. So here, enjoy an unplanned change to the game!

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Divergent Paths RC1 RC2 Release

An update has been posted to the original page. This is RC1, or Release Candidate 1. I'm fairly sure I've gotten the bugs fixed.

In addition, inspiration struck, and the following changes have been made:
Objection! Setzer has a better inroduction
Surprised Shadow's ending can change if you have seen all of his dreams and Relm's dream
Smile Molulu has been replaced on the Falcon by Maria
Wink Mid has been added as a Falcon NPC (though this happened in the last release)
Confused The Moogle in the Training School has been named Molulu, and has a different line in the World of Ruin

In the EXTRAS folder are the following goodies:
Hold on  Leo's Theme in SPC Format, created by Gi Nattak
What?!  A save file with some of the changes. Slot 1 puts you outside of Jidoor, about to meet Setzer. Slot 2 is right before the Razing of Vector. Slot 3 is in the World of Ruin, with no Falcon NPCs recruited and none of Shadow's Dreams watched.

EDIT: Gosh darn it. I shuffled an NPC around in the Auction House as one of the last things I did, and Setzer's intro softlocks. Updated to RC2. Sigh.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
So I finally got it to work and started playing, question though, I noticed that Mog didn't learn any dances even after 4 fights, was this intentional? He appears to be a full guest character so I just want to make sure it's working as intended

Edit:
I'm on the RC2 version btw
  Find

Status
None
That's correct. Mog uses his guest profile until you actually recruit him. I'm hoping this will fix the Mog sprite glitch.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • LordSutebenu (05-30-2021)

Status
None
The description on page 1 has been updated.

Additionally, I discovered 2 bugs last night regarding the grave in Thamasa, post-Kefka attack. Both are due to the fact that this post-Kefka Thamasa uses a different map than I thought. So bug 1: The sword in the grave doesn't show during or after the cutscene (it will show in the WoR). Bug 2: Approaching the grave after the cutscene softlocks the game. Both bugs have been fixed on my copy, and will be included in RC3 when it is released. For now, simply don't approach the grave until the WoR.

Projects:
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • ranatalus (06-02-2021), Sarah-ga (06-03-2021)