Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
i highly doubt it but would this work with dancing mad? i'd love to get the enhanced audio along with this.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-14-2021, 10:16 AM)hacktix Wrote: i highly doubt it but would this work with dancing mad? i'd love to get the enhanced audio along with this.

I don't think it was tested but maybe it would work, the best way to know is to try it. The hack however have one new song so for that one it would fallback on the SPC play. Just patch the hack then patch the MSU-1 mod and see if it work.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • PowerPanda (05-14-2021)

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
For everyone using V0.99.1, I have discovered that the final change that I made before releasing V0.99 does not play well with FF3usME. When I fixed the Veldt pointers, FF3usME corrupted the minimaps, causing you to be unable to load your game in the WoR. Running this patch on top of V0.99.1 will fix that behavior. It will be built into all future fixes going forward.

Attached Files
.zip  ff3usme minimap reversion.zip (1.17 KB, 8 downloads)

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
PATCH V0.99.2 has been added to the first post

Would you believe that there are already 2 people who have played Divergent Paths from start to finish?! I only put out v0.99 48 hours ago!  Laugh

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been playing and posting their bug reports. As it turns out, a lot of the content I added right before release is not playing well with FF3usME and FF6LE. I have event data outside of the "event block" and the WoR minimap in $C4. Both of these are making the programs crabby, and hitting "save" pummels the changes into long strings of blank code (FF FF FF FF FF FF...).  Pummel  I THINK I've caught all of those bugs, thanks to Gi Nattak and FlandreScarlet64.

In addition, here are the fixes/changes with v0.99.2
- I have gotten quite a lot of feedback on the breakable Tools. It has blindsided some of the players. Based on their feedback, I've made the following changes:
  * Tool breaking can be disabled by event bit. This event bit is in place from the time you meet Edgar till the midpoint of his scenario. After that, you'll have to talk to the Ghosts until you find the one who's willing to sell you more tools.
  * The probability of Tools breaking has been dropped slightly to 1 in 44
  * The cost of each tool has been halved
  * Debilitator and Air Anchor are unbreakable
  * A new NPC, Mid, has been added to the Tool shop in Figaro to give you an in-game warning that you may want to stock up. He gives you a complimentary Noise Blaster and Bio Blaster. Talk to him again after you get the Falcon, and he will join your crew.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Mid will only show up for new games started on v0.99.2 and above. If you started your game on an earlier save file, you'll need to open up your rom in a debugger, find RAM address 1F25, and add 10 to the value.)

Here are some other changes and bugfixes:
  * LEO'S THEME: When Leo's theme plays on the boat, I've disabled the menu so that you can't accidentally reset the music to "Windy Shores". In addition, Leo's theme will now play all through Albrook (except for the empty cafe/relic shop) between talking to Celes at night and boarding the boat.
   * Thanks to Gi Nattak, Esper Terra's palette is now correct in the scene leading up to the final battle. The trick to do that has eluded me for years!
   * Also thanks to Gi, Byte 17 on the new "Razing of Vector" map has been set correctly, so you do not see your character sprite behind the chimneys.
   * Vargas will not crash your game when you ask him to train Locke, Relm, or Shadow (though I admit, it WAS quite thematic).
   * Celes should not get stuck facing left in the new scene anymore.
   * FlandreScarlet64 pointed out that since the Stop spell is now WoR-exclusive, the Intangir is extremely difficult to kill. I have removed the Intangir's immunity to Bserk, and given Bserk x3 to Shoat. Good luck, and remember that Vanish exists.

Quick bug noted. When I set the "Tools don't break" flag upon recruiting Edgar, I accidentally set the wrong bit (I set Bit 4 instead of Bit 3). This will be corrected in the final release, but for now, Tools can still break in the early game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to PowerPanda for this post:
  • madsiur (05-16-2021), NPCnextdoor (05-16-2021)

Status
None
EDIT: Nevermind, solved it. Whew.
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
None
Hi Power Panda!

Amazing release.

I'll begin to play the mod soon. It's been a long time I check weekly your project. Thank you for your effort and passion about mod.

General Leo is one of my favorite guest characters on FF. Is really cool to see him being more prominent in the story. It's like a dream becoming true (like Beatrix playable in FFIX with the Alternate Fantasy PC Mod). It's been years the last time I played FFVI.

Can I make a question?

It's possible to change somehow the run/walk button behavior with Hex Edit?
I really miss the press and "B" button to run. (LOL I know, I'm probably a minority here!)

Have a great week!!!

Be safe and take care!
  Find

Status
None
I have begun a Developer's Commentary series on this hack, which you can find here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...V2NG8bZXyR

Projects:
  Find

Status
None
I got to the segment on V0.99 where Cyan discovers his dying wife and child, and not only are the wife and child sprites missing, I can't proceed through the game, has anyone else experienced this?
  Find

Status
None
(05-18-2021, 09:03 AM)Tibrious Wrote: I got to the segment on V0.99 where Cyan discovers his dying wife and child, and not only are the wife and child sprites missing, I can't proceed through the game, has anyone else experienced this?

I've had several people report that they made it through this scene. Make sure that the patch was applied to a clean rom, because the NPCs in that room did get re-arranged for a WoR event. I will be playing through that probably tonight, so I'll see what happens.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
New first post from yesterday: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread...l#pid39995

(sorry for the late approval)
  Find