Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream Megathread

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
What's the first rule of assembly coding?

...don't #@!& with the stack!...

Well, that's what we're doing this week: stack manipulation and using RTS and RTL as impromptu jumps, allowing us to imitate short calls from outside banks. Using this process I will be "expanding" C1 and C2 by moving off some large functions to make more local call space.

In addition, I will be doing some R&D on Command and Attack expansion. I've got prototypes working for attacks, and I will show you how that works... but to fully utilize it, we'll want to expand commands as well!

Also, as a topic of discussion, while working on the above tasks, I'd like to spend some time talking about Iris and the Full Roster Hack (dibs on the band name).

Happy Hacking and see you tonight!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Took last week off, but trying to get back into the swing of things. This week I will be doing some R&D for Command expansion for Iris, and maybe coding for Equipment-based spells for MMMMMagic 2.1. But mostly, my plan is to be social.

All cards on the table: I've been really unmotivated recently, and needed a break. Development for CoV has been slow and frustrating, and some personal stuff made feeling like doing anything a chore. Nothing is wrong, per se, just tired of putting effort into things. But hacking is a commitment, and as much as I'd rather just amuse myself with random, unproductive, meandering fluff... that can become a slippery slope for me. I feel better when I'm being productive... so that's the plan. I hope my absence hasn't gummed up the works too much, especially with the Full Roster Hack trying to get moving.

Looking forward to chilling and chatting with you all. Don't forget to bring your own projects if you have anything you'd like me to help you with.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(10-13-2016, 08:12 AM)B-Run Wrote: I've been really unmotivated recently, and needed a break.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break. Focus on what you like, even if it's not hacking related. It will boost you. That been said I'd be ready for that co-op beginner tutorial stream we were suppose to do. We could plan this and come fresh in a week or two.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I will do my best to make it to those

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC