Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream Megathread

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-11-2016, 11:35 PM)Jackimus Wrote: This may not be the best place to put this, but how about a community twitch channel for hacking related streams?

I like the idea. If enough people wants to use it instead of their own channel (as far as modding goes) I could set this up and give the keys to all streamers. From here people need to tell me (or us) what they want to do...
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:Actually, I didn't even touch the event data
i'm talking about RAM variables that deals with that.
Anyway i have some time to watch your stream before i go to sleep... maybe i'm even able to see what you did here.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
After having so much fun doing a bunch of splash screen and logo stuff for CoV, I decided that it would be fun to show off some of the stuff that I do on-stream, but I don't really have anything ATM that needs being done in that area. So if anyone would like me to work on a splash screen, logo, or wallpaper for your game, let me know! I'll do it on-stream one night. I'm no artist, so point me in the direction of some source material and I'll turn it into something good.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Head's up fellas: with the US' Republican National Convention streaming on twitch, everything else has been barely working at all. So tonight might be a bit bumpy and I may have to call it a night early if twitch is as bad as it has been the last couple of days. But we are going to give it a shot.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Another night of hacking today, everyone! Looking forward to it... here are a couple things I'm looking to cover:
  • MMMMMagic 2.0 update, learning magic (working!)
  • Spell order and spell list trimming logic (WIP)
  • FF6hacking twitch account banner (graphics and GIMP)
  • Whatever else I feel like doing.
Since the last two weeks were heavy coding and programming logic, I am going to take it easy this week. I enjoy doing graphic design so I thought I'd enjoy doing some on-stream. I use GIMP which is totally free so anyone who, like me, isn't very artistic but would like to make good looking stuff, go get it and follow along.

Looking forward to see you guys out there.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I don't have a set plan for tonight, I'm halfway through a bunch of things, so some feedback would be super helpful. What are you guys interested in seeing?

MMMMMagic Logic/ASM
Sprite making
Map Editing
...uuuuuuummmmm...... something else?

Also, ive gotten the next batch of script so I'm really looking forward to getting some event editing done, I just need to muscle out some new custom maps, which I have not gotten my head around just yet... but that may be coming in the near-ish future. If anyone feels like they have a good grasp of map design... do you want a job?

Hope to see you guys tonight!
  Find

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Out of those you listed I'd want to see sprite making.

I kinda missed your last few streams so, how are Varga's blitzes atm? If you could showcase that for a min or two I'd be interested as well.

Lastly if there are any events ready that are not too spoiler-ish then maybe some of that, too.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Oh! I forgot about Vargas' Blitz. I can do some of that tonight.

I haven't done any additional event editing, gotta get some maps done first >.<
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
Awesome, I'm totally for seeing new spell animations and steal them...I didn't say that out loud did I

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
Obliviscence
Hacking Stream tonight! I've got a few things to go over, but I want to see what YOU guys want to see.
  • MMMMMagic 2.0 update battle fully functioning! C0/C3 work next. We can demo the new magic lists and show off how to add new spells.
  • Figaro Pass / ?????? map editing. I might have picked the hardest tileset to work with on Figaro Pass, but my NEXT map to do will be a lot easier I think. I'm just trying to decide if I want to reveal plot-related content.
  • 15th-Man Project review. With potentially a new community project on the horizon, it might be nice to look over our past work with Iris Havengard.
  • Help with your hacks... anyone have anything they need help with?
In general, what streams, so far, have been your favorite? Was it related to the content, or the social aspect in chat, or something else maybe? Looking to improve and maybe get some solid ground to build on, so I want some feedback on the stream thus far.

Happy Hacking!
  Find