Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream Megathread

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
woot! btw did u get chance to see my seigfried drawing? i was gonna say you could use it as a splash title screen, i can make it look more like a legit screen for u. getting pretty good at ff logos

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
I did see it. He looks like a mean mother-f**** lol. Good job there.

I tried to find it again later but the chat window had refreshed. Hmm

A splash screen, yeah. I have to think of a title for the hack, then...
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
Better get on it then bro, let me know when u think of one and ill get started.. anyways gonna shut up about non stream related things now lol

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I'm back on for tonight people! I know I only took a week off but it feels like its been a month since I streamed. I miss it!

Contrary to the calendar, we are not working on Primal Ifrit tonight, but rather doing our first entry into the hacking beginner series where we will be talking about hacking utilities for Final Fantasy VI and give some demonstrations. This is how just about everybody got into hacking this game (myself included)... so this will be great for anyone looking to break into hacking or are hoping to understand a few of the tools better that you have so far left unexplored.

Can't wait!
  Find

Status
None
(06-09-2016, 09:28 AM)B-Run Wrote: [...] our first entry into the hacking beginner series where we will be talking about hacking utilities for Final Fantasy VI and give some demonstrations.

Awesome, just what I need. I guess the universe has been conspiring in my favor lately.

Is the countdown still accurate? Don't wanna miss this one!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Yes! it is... here's a repost for the link if anyone missed it elsewhere.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/let...down-clock
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Crossover Crisis tonight guys!

I'm super excited to play Kuga's custom hack and see what things have been updated and change. Graphical changes are one of the biggest ways to change game-feel, and spending time with RotDS has got me excited to experience FF6 from fresh perspectives. So come out and support Kuga on-stream. Hopefully we'll get a sneak peak at where the hack is headed directly from the creators mouth.

...and as always, this stream is dedicated to Q&A so if you are stuck with a hack or need some ASM advice let me know in chat, I'd love to help!

See you all there. Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
My heart is beating too hard! I just can't wait!!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Status
None
Will be there for sure Kungfu! Streams are learning opportunities for me and good entertaining as well.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
So we are getting into the real deal this week people. Children of Vector is back in full swing. My plan for this week is to quickly go over some changes I've made this week including:
  • Vargas complete sprite sheet
  • secondary sprites/palettes for using colors beyond the first 12
  • CoV splash screen!
  • Monster AI Upgrade
After touching on those, and answering any questions people might have, here are the things I intend to actually do during the stream:
  • Expanding music data and music data relocation
  • importing a new song from .bin files
  • Differentiating Blundra weapon cast proc rate from normal weapon cast
  • Lorial's Trance; targetting changes
I likely won't get to all of these, but those are the next items on the docket... so that's what we're going to do. I am really hyped about the project and I can't wait to dive into it this Thursday with you all.

Also, I have a special announcement to make regarding development that will make things much easier for me.

Happy Hacking!
  Find