Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Hack FF6 Stream Megathread

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Greetings hackers and FF6-enthusiasts!

This is our Hacking Stream Megathread. This is where I will be posting news and updates about the stream, as well as opening up discussion about future topics and other general decisions. Like the stream? cool! say something! Hate the stream? less cool... but still say something! I want to hear about what you guys think.

First, here's our stream playlist.

As of currently, each week I am working on Children of Vector live. However, that may include working on other patches from time to time (such as MMMMMagic 2.0), and I'm also eager to answer questions and help with YOUR hacks too.

Which brings me to my next point: If you would like to host a stream, we want you to! I'd be happy to sit-in as part of the crowd. This is a community-driven event and the more people involved, the better it is. The Streaming process involves a lot of different parts, and everything stands to be improved upon. So even if you don't want to be on-camera, you can help in whatever way you feel inclined! I could use an artist to make a new overlay (and/or background) to increase presentation. Tips on video and audio quality are welcome... I would love to have a twitch-bot to automate tasks or do other fun things... Whatever skill set you have, we can find a way to improve the stream with it.

Feel free to post anything about the stream here.

This is a great thing for the hacking community and can do a lot for us and FF6 in general. So let's do this!

Happy Hacking!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Tenkarider (05-24-2016)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Friday/Saturday night are a good idea for me, expecially the second one(where i live should be early morning of Saturday/Sunday)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm good at the time you stream (9:00) any day of the week, as well as any time at all on Saturday/Sunday.

I'd be willing to do a stream at some point, but I'm not sure I can get the video quality needed to make numbers/text visible with my awful internet (I have to stream in a very low bitrate). I might be able to do it if I make everything very large and use a small patch of the screen though. I won't do Facecam though.

Obviously artistry is part of my skill set, so I feel obligated to make some great fanart for you. Please use in all future streams or I will be very offended.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Timeslot
Thursday / Friday / Saturday seems the best days. If you want to cover the most ground, starting Saturday at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM gets people from West Coast, East Cost and Europe (~11:00 PM for them). I know it's dinner time for you (and me) but since it's a day off, most people wanting to attend could. Forget that timeslot for Thrusday or Friday though. Starting one hour before or after 9:00 PM these two days makes little difference for Europe folks since it's already for them more than late. Rationally, while we have people on the forum from Europe and NA, if you plan on sticking on a weekday, 9:00 PM is good and could bring the most unknown visitors to the Stream, Canadians and Trump enthusiasts.

Content
Edrin Wrote:1st and 3rd Thursday of the month - Primary Hacking topic
2nd Thursday of the month - Beginner series
4th Thursday of the month - Q&A/Let's Play
5th Thursday of the month - planned individually for each month we have a 5th Thursday.

This seems well balanced. One suggestion would be to cover one hack, patch or task (1st and 3rd Thursday) in a maximum of 2 streams. Otherwise if people joins on the third session they have two streams to catch up to be in the mix. I wouldn't see a problem with a hack LP of 3 streams or more though. Beginner series should be different topics or a new task each stream for the same reason than Primary topics.

I'd like to see some event stuff, beginner or intermediate levels (there's no such thing as expert level event editing). Also some AI scripting tricks or nice workarounds.

Finally, I would be ready with some preparation with you to make a compromise: if possible, I could join once (let's start by once) by Skype or Discord and comment stuff you (or we) are doing on the stream. I say this because I don't feel ok to stream alone for an hour or more for a few reasons: shyness, not perfectly bilingual, French accent, need everything planned. If you kinda lead the thing I'd be more comfortable commenting and things would be more natural for me. We could do a rough preparation but not 100% planned as I would do for my own stream. Just an offer I make.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i want to do some more streaming also, hell ill even webcam if thats what is prefered, i might need some help setting up before hand tho dont want another ear blasting session again, but to cover ports, characters, monsters and even misc drawing stuff would be cool. i need to make a plan first tho and make sure im not stepping on any 1 s toes.. and probably be full of caffeine to make sure u guys can watch

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-24-2016, 09:31 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: i need to make a plan first tho and make sure im not stepping on any 1 s toes.. and probably be full of caffeine to make sure u guys can watch

A good idea is to announce it a few days before it happens. If you do it on a Saturday or Sunday around 8:00 PM, it would be 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM in North America. This is decent for everyone I think. Also you could do a test stream first with a few people (1 or 2 is good) to verify your OBS settings, mic / PC volume and camera settings.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
if i claim saturday then, hopefully i can get 1 or 2 people on to help like u suggest

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-24-2016, 10:20 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: if i claim saturday then, hopefully i can get 1 or 2 people on to help like u suggest

You can either wait for the first Saturday of June to stream, prepare your stuff more and make your stream setup this weekend with my help or prepare everything before this Saturday and get the help from another person because I'm only available 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM during the week which is past midnight at least for you. I could help you this week on these hours though.
  Find

Status
Imprisoned
ill sleep on it tonight and let u know bud

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(05-24-2016, 09:24 PM)Madsiur Wrote: This seems well balanced. One suggestion would be to cover one hack, patch or task (1st and 3rd Thursday) in a maximum of 2 streams. Otherwise if people joins on the third session they have two streams to catch up to be in the mix. I wouldn't see a problem with a hack LP of 3 streams or more though. Beginner series should be different topics or a new task each stream for the same reason than Primary topics.

I'd like to see some event stuff, beginner or intermediate levels (there's no such thing as expert level event editing). Also some AI scripting tricks or nice workarounds.

Finally, I would be ready with some preparation with you to make a compromise: if possible, I could join once (let's start by once) by Skype or Discord and comment stuff you (or we) are doing on the stream. I say this because I don't feel ok to stream alone for an hour or more for a few reasons: shyness, not perfectly bilingual, French accent, need everything planned. If you kinda lead the thing I'd be more comfortable commenting and things would be more natural for me. We could do a rough preparation but not 100% planned as I would do for my own stream. Just an offer I make.

These are great suggestions... I definitely see the point in keeping each topic to a max of 2 if possible... I'll have to make sure I work out the content ahead of time (which I'm trying to do more of now anyway). For now, I think I'm going to keep the thursday time-slot. Weekend's during the day are hard for me with family life, I can't disappear for a couple hours, nor garuntee I won't get pulled away multiple times... maybe a one-shot here and there if scheduling allows, but that would be in addition to normal streaming. I might tinker with doing Friday night since our EU crowd, who it's very very late for, have a better chance of not having to get up early the next morning (later THAT morning, I guess). The only caveat to that would be it may be harder to attract new people on twitch because I'm guessing Friday nights are a more competitive time-slot to get viewers...

I love the idea of a collab. Did you want to work on a primary topic with me, or help me with the beginner series? I'm more inclined toward collaborating on the beginner stuff because having two people explain things will help fill gaps the other might miss. Also, I am heavily self-taught so there may be things I'm not understanding entirely technically correctly.

If you are ok with that plan, let's work together for the first beginner series stream in two weeks (2nd thursday in June). We can work out details over PM and/or skype when time allows. Same goes for if you want to work a major topic with me.

(05-24-2016, 09:31 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: i want to do some more streaming also, hell ill even webcam if thats what is prefered, i might need some help setting up before hand tho dont want another ear blasting session again, but to cover ports, characters, monsters and even misc drawing stuff would be cool. i need to make a plan first tho and make sure im not stepping on any 1 s toes.. and probably be full of caffeine to make sure u guys can watch

I think that would be great. I can maybe sit in during the week from work when time allows, or on the weekends I don't have other things going on. Also, when you start hammering out details, don't forget to make a thread here in the Returner's Hideout for awareness!

Thanks to everyone on the feedback so far. For those who the normal timeslot is really late for, would Friday nights work better, or do the people here generally have work/activites on Saturdays as well? Let me know!

Happy Hacking!

Edit:
Since Kuga won't be making the stream this week, I am putting off playing Crossover Crisis until next month... So that means I am open to other options. What are you guys interested in watching during Q&A night? RotDS and BNW come to mind right away. Filly Fantasy recently released, right? I have an extraordinary amount of MLP knowledge for a non-brony. So give me suggestions, the stream is tomorrow!
  Find