Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cat from Chrono Trigger ported finished!

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(03-01-2015, 08:18 AM)Blue Mage Gab Wrote: I especially like the casting pose of the cat that you have included recently. That makes it so overpowered. Good work as usual, badass!

Thanks gab!

(03-01-2015, 09:00 AM)catone Wrote: I have to agree, those casting poses rock.

The only thing I'm not feeling is the portrait. It looks good, I just don't see it matching the sprite. Maybe its the whiskers (I'm glad I'm not the one drawing it, sprite whiskers does sound like a pain).

Hrm, now that I think about it, I don't remember any cat portraits snes style... maybe whiskers were the reason. lol. Did BoF have any whisker wearing PC's in those days?

Still, its looking damn good overall.

Thanks catone for input, will definitely change portrait! I agree that it doesn't match... hell it even looks part raccoon Laugh

(03-01-2015, 09:24 AM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: its not a bad portrait bud but id have to agree with Catone,that being said maybe try some anime style cats as reference point?
also casting pose is so sick!

Thanks James .. yea maybe I picked the wrong anime cat to mesh with.. I'll try another reference n see how that goes.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
hey I just took a good look at the updated version of your cat and some of the poses you did are just about the same as the poses I did so there was no point in sending u anything really lolz :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Mental-Break
(03-01-2015, 07:37 PM)d-_-b Wrote: hey I just took a good look at the updated version of your cat and some of the poses you did are just about the same as the poses I did so there was no point in sending u anything really lolz :p

lol. All good thanks though! if you have any unfinished chrono trigger sprites shoot em this way Smile
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
honestly I don't lolz :p

I never really attempted any full sheet of any CT char

I might consider starting though Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Not to get to far off topic but might I suggest the old guy from the end of time or his buddy that fixed the Masamune? (I can't remember names for chit)

Hell for all I know they've been done already.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
@catone: If someone would make a Melchior, Gaspar or Belthasar sprite sheet, I'm going to love him forever.
Okay, let's get on topic, now.

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
maybe use some of that black u got in the eyes to define the nose a lil better, then think we have a winner

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Mental-Break
Tried to tweak but nose just looked funny haha.. oh well sprite complete Tongue
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Wouldn't be a bad base for Meowth or Persian or a jungle cat or something.
  Find

Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Hate to ask, but is there any way I could get this converted to a vanilla palette? Even my recoloring skills suck at this point.

Still want Dogs chasing Cats and maybe even an epic Dog vs Cat battle cut scene. Well at least the dog chasing a cat anyway.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find