Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finished Frog from Chrono Trigger

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Finally finished it..  special thanks goes to Feok for tweaking his walking motions, cape, and palette.  

Sadly I got a little lazy on certain expressions and casting but I think it looks decent..  This is my first sprite so please feel free to tweak its mistakes and resend.

[Image: ct-frog.png]
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
This came out really nice!
I'm impressed. Smile

There are a few minor problems but its a really nice sprite especially for your first. ^_^
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I can redo the dead pose for you if u want

I need to check to see how it looks in the game

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
This should make for a very fun sprite to play with in-game, it looks pretty much immaculate imo, sure there could be a little more uniqness from some of the almost identical looking poses, but hey, it's your 1st sprite, so I ain't gonna hate! I love the use of his sword there in a couple poses, that certainly is a great detail to have; but I think the dead pose looks strange, and could be redone some other way. I REALLY don't like to see the K.O. pose turned 90* and call it a day, if you know what I'm saying, that's a no-no in quality sprite sheets. I know that pose is a tricky one. Also, I am a huge fan of custom tents, but I would try and get more original than putting his head on the top, even if it's a funny expression. XD I'm sure there's something Frog related that would make an excellent tent, for instance one of his unique treasure chests in his forest hut, they look like umm...giant nuts, for lack of a better term. NJ though, and congrats on making the 1st usable CT sprite sheet, that is a feat in itself! Wink

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Mental-Break
@feok thanks for all the help

@poco loco haha yea a dead pose would be cool.. if you can make one for me that would be coo.. cuz im outta ideas

@Gi nattak I don't know exactly how the Ko pose and death pose works together.. I honestly haven't really played ff3 in days until recently. So I haven't got Ko'd yet... as for the tent... that was just for fun.. You can fix it up for me if you want. I was gonna make a pond but I thought it would look pretty cheesy.

btw thank you guys for the reviews
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
A pond sounds very nice! The K.O. pose is used in events, for instance the one after Terra falls in Narshe. The 'Dead pose' is the one you see in battle...is that right or do I have them reversed? Hm.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(01-27-2012, 12:11 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: A pond sounds very nice! The K.O. pose is used in events, for instance the one after Terra falls in Narshe. The 'Dead pose' is the one you see in battle...is that right or do I have them reversed? Hm.

Hmm, I understand what you mean and you don't have them reversed,

however in nearly every case (if I am not mistaken the only exceptions are Relm(provided Clyde is dead), Shadow and Terra) the "K.O." pose is more accurately; the "Knocked Down" pose as only three characters ever lose conscious with that sprite while in every other case it is simply them knocked to the ground.

So I think we should refer to that sprite as the KD, or the Knocked Down so that its easier to understand and more importantly easier for new spriters to keep in mind what that sprite is attempting to accomplish.

^-^ Great job on Frog, I may use him one day and make the Masamune be only equipable by him, lol
  Find

Status
None
taking a good look at it now there are quite a few things you messed up on

he doesnt blink or wink, when facing backwards he only lifts 1 arm

there is also some slight distortion in a few places as well as lack of detail in others

I'll fix it up and show you the difference Smile

-edit-

oh well I just noticed about the blinking/winking it cant be dont on him (just like my lone wolf)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Mental-Break
yea i tried fixing the wink n it affects his other sprites.. lol.. ill look into his arm thing.. maybe magus broke it Laugh
i ended up editing his eyes a bit since most of his sprites look like his eyes are closed in CT unless hes striking.. not sure what looks better.. but take a look..

[Image: imgshk.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  Find

Status
None
I already redid him lolz

take a look at him now u will notice a lot of differences (if u pay attention that is)

mostly here they are

-new looking down pose
-new looking sideways pose
-fixed several distortions when lifting arms, laughing, casting, etc.
-changed the color in the blade (it was using 1 of the last 4)
-new dead pose

most other changes arent really that noticeable unless you view them side by side

but dont take my word for it look at yourself Wink

-HNIC