Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
RotDS v2.9.8 download

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
The fellow wrote me back, I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about as I've no experience with SNES Mini, but here's what he said he did:

"Ok so RotDS and Chrono FoE both work using the following cores that are obtained from the KMFD's mod hub (not the store)

Retro arch Extreme 175
Snes 9x 2005 Plus

These 2 cores are experimental but they are literally the only combo that allows me to play the game with perfect video and audio even the custom tracks in RotDS!"

I'm not familiar at all with changing the core emulator let alone understand it, I can ask him to elaborate on the process if need be.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Schrodinger2 (08-26-2019)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(08-23-2019, 01:56 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: The fellow wrote me back, I'm not entirely sure what he's talking about as I've no experience with SNES Mini, but here's what he said he did:

"Ok so RotDS and Chrono FoE both work using the following cores that are obtained from the KMFD's mod hub (not the store)

Retro arch Extreme 175
Snes 9x 2005 Plus

These 2 cores are experimental but they are literally the only combo that allows me to play the game with perfect video and audio even the custom tracks in RotDS!"

I'm not familiar at all with changing the core emulator let alone understand it, I can ask him to elaborate on the process if need be.

I too am not at all sure of what he is talking about.  My only experience with loading up games on the SNES Mini is to patch the ROM using Lunar IPS, then flash the SNES mini with Hackchi with the new ROM.  There is nothing as involved as changing the emulator.  If he can elaborate that would be great.  But, it sounds like it might be a little bit over my head.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
For sure, I'll try to find out a bit more. After a little research here, it seems KMFD's mod hub is this:
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-...s/releases

And it does seem like it involves flashing the system... which you'd want to know exactly what you're doing first of course.
Here's a Youtube video that explains it I believe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtLL2PqawU&app=desktop

It should be a real simple process I'd imagine, but flashing the system is always a bit scary lol.

Then the emulator in question the fellow says works for RotDS, Snes9x 2005, looks to be here?:
https://docs.libretro.com/library/snes9x_2005_plus/

I can't seem to find an actual download for it atm, but there must be one... Perhaps a newer version was released since then also, I'm not sure. I'll report back any more info once the fellow responds again.

• Schrodinger2 (08-26-2019)

Status
None
(08-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: For sure, I'll try to find out a bit more. After a little research here, it seems KMFD's mod hub is this:
https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-...s/releases

And it does seem like it involves flashing the system... which you'd want to know exactly what you're doing first of course.
Here's a Youtube video that explains it I believe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtLL2PqawU&app=desktop

It should be a real simple process I'd imagine, but flashing the system is always a bit scary lol.

Then the emulator in question the fellow says works for RotDS, Snes9x 2005, looks to be here?:
https://docs.libretro.com/library/snes9x_2005_plus/

I can't seem to find an actual download for it atm, but there must be one... Perhaps a newer version was released since then also, I'm not sure. I'll report back any more info once the fellow responds again.
I looked around a bit too, since I had no idea what the guy was talking about.  I think it is just a matter of downloading Hackchi 2 CE.  This seems to be differernt from Hackchi 2 (latest version 2.31).  Hackchi 2 can flash additional games, whereas Hackchi 2 CE can flash games and even different emulators, if I am understanding things correctly.  It seems like with different emulators, one can play Sega Genesis Games or even PS1 games on the SNES Mini.  Or they can get games or ROM Hacks that won't work to play.

Here is a link to the process in 10 easy to follow steps:

https://snesclassicmods.com/how-to-insta...ssic-mini/

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will soon.  It is a little scary though since I have all of these Super Metroid ROM Hacks working just fine and so do the original games.  It is better to do it now rather than wait a couple of years though, since it is still reasonably easy to pick up a SNES Mini.  Just need to wade through all the cheap knockoffs.  Hackchi is also nice, since you can dump the stock kernel and if things seem to stop working altogether, then it is always possible to try to reflash the stock kernel.  This won't likely work if flashing it at some point just bricks the whole thing.  But, it is a last resort thing that may help in some situations.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Schrodinger2 for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (08-26-2019), Robo Jesus (08-27-2019)

Status
Nattak\'d
Here is a new response from the fellow with a bit more info:

"First of all, you need a program called "Hackchi CE" and get the latest build. Then, direct the gentleman to this page and it explains in detail how to add games to the SNES Classic and much more.
https://troypoint.com/snes-classic-hack/

Second let's tackle how I got Retroarch to play ROTDS perfectly.The tutorial explains how to install Retroarch on the SNES classic as well as the cores. But, it does NOT explain how to access the "Experimental" Retroarch Mod. Step 16 shows how to get to the mod store (that is where the cores and Retroarch are). Then step 17 has an image and in that image it says "Show Experimental Mods". Once the user gets to the store, they need to left click the "Show Experimental Mods" area. Then, left click the now present "Experimental Mods" tab and left click "Retro arch Extreme 175" then left click "Install Module". After that, left click "Retroarch Cores" tab, and scroll down to the Snes section, left click "Snes 9x 2005 Plus" and install that as well.

With that combo, I was able to run ROTDS. People can just look up how to use Retroarch on SNES classic after that. All buttons I mentioned are visible the user just has to look on screen. Now understand, I haven't used SNES Classic in a while so Hackchi may have been updated since then, but I'm sure the setup isn't that different than the last version."

• Schrodinger2 (09-09-2019)

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
I really ought to mod my CSNES. There's plenty I should/could/want to add but finding out there's extra steps to add a hacked rom is an important piece of information.

Status
None
(09-08-2019, 08:48 PM)Odbarc Wrote: I really ought to mod my CSNES. There's plenty I should/could/want to add but finding out there's extra steps to add a hacked rom is an important piece of information.

Having added several ROM Hacks to my SNES Classic, I would say that most games have the same very straightforward procedure:

1. You need the proper ROM (headered or unheadered will usually be specified in the text file or webpage where patch comes from).  Tush can add or remove headers if need be.
2. Download the patch.  Sometimes this will be a rar file, which needs to be converted to an ips file, but a quick Google search will help you find online converters.  
3. Patch the ROM using Lips102.
4. Download Hackchi2 to flash the new games on the SNES.

This video talks about how to load up ROMs on the SNES:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHxXor-r...x=4&t=342s

This video talks about how the whole process of loading ROM Hacks on the SNES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdCJ3I6...B7&index=6

It took me a few hours the first time going through the whole process, after watching through the videos a couple of times, but I had no experience at all working with ROM Hacks.   And I am probably less experienced than most others around here, with this kind of stuff too. Smile Most ROM Hacks have been very easy to load up and have worked without any issues at all on the SNES Mini.  So far I have loaded up 7 ROM Hacks on the SNES and the 9 on the NES and they have all worked great except two.  Super Metroid Phazon, which freezes up if I pause and push L or R button to view or change Samus' gear. Hopefully there is no point in the game, where I need to change gear to advance.  And the other is Return of the Dark Sorcerer, which is a little more involved where HackchiCE also needed to be downloaded to change the emulator.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
have to wonder if 2.0 will work as we made the rom pretty large now

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Is 2.0 that large? I imagine its probably on par with the size of T-edition right?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
it must be bigger at this point. we be done soon

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess