Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So far, only Doom Gaze has it.
Also, funny story, and I think Abyss will get a kick out of it, In one of my new ancient cave runs, the game decided to randomize cure rings by giving them the relic ring effect. Now that's funny. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Something worse than Death? Unblockable confuse. Holy cow, that is annoying. The only way to block it is with a ribbon, peace ring, or vanish, each with their pros and cons. but it's obnoxious when you get to fight Final Kefka and you end up Cleaving yourself for an instant Game Over.

Also, Abyssonym, your ancient cave randomizations don't generate a .txt file. Is that intentional?

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
It was intentional, but probably not a very good idea.

Quote: randomize cure rings by giving them the relic ring effect
Nice. Maybe it'd be good against an enemy who spams drain attacks a lot? I'm drawing a blank.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Status
None
Currently, it's only use is to kill me. Smile
Though, against doom/death spamming enemies, it would be helpful.
I think potions work on people with the relic ring equipped.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Relic Ring will save you from death spell(dunno if blaster too) and doom
But not from death attacks(specials for example)

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(07-02-2015, 11:50 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: Currently, it's only use is to kill me. Smile
Though, against doom/death spamming enemies, it would be helpful.
I think potions work on people with the relic ring equipped.

No, Potions hurt you in this game. And Phoenix Downs fail too, so a dead undead character cannot be revived. This makes having a Relic Ring equipped only viable in rare circumstances that don't even really show themselves outside of hacks.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I like to use it for coliseum battles where the opponent uses instant death spells a lot. Free healing.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Status
Prowess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofAydIDFNEI
So this happened...I have absolutely no idea why this occurred, but whatever. I don't actually have a crystal helm yet in this file, but if I get one, I'll be sure to use it as an item and see what happens.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Good lord, it looks like Missingno invaded Beyond Chaos!
AGHHH! Run for your lives!

What does the text file say the Crystal helm does when it breaks? That should help narrow down what causes it.
  Find

Status
Prowess
Ancient Cave currently does not generate a .txt file. I will create the same seed without the ancient cave parameter, and check.

Edit: According to the .txt file, Crystal Helms cannot be broken for an item. I feel like the "Flash" portion is causing the glitch. I recall seeing a video where using the Bio Blaster or the Flash(I think it was the Flash, anyhow) as the 255th(256th?) command in a battle produced some strange effects, and I'd like to think it's related to this, but I can't say for sure. It was too long ago for me to remember.

Edit#2: When I was generating the .txt file, I accidentally overwrote my original file by re-randomizing. As such, I won't actually be finishing the seed(1434674323), as it was the most ridiculously brutal seed I've played yet, compounded by the lack of save points in AC(this was my last playthrough before updating). If someone else wants to see if they can beat it for funsies(it's not that fun), go for it.

Find