Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
R-Chaos also has access to Sneeze, Engulf, and Charm, so you can add three more kill moves to the list. I randomly got Charm against Poltergeist. He started using Back Blade on himself for 9999 damage a shot. Which was good, since I had no idea how I was going to beat him otherwise.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Yeah, I forgot about Sneeze, and I did manage to use either Charm or something else against Master Pug, who also showed up in a monster in a box. Tongue
All I know is he wouldn't attack one of my characters at all.
I still had to reload and try that fight again a few times. Before I procced Fallen One and then killed him that way.

Then there was the Monster in a Box that was the most OP enemy ever, but started with permanent confuse. So it sneezed itself away from the battle. Laugh

I figured something was up when it said I had a Preemptive fight, and then it immediately casted Ultima on itself. Smile
I checked it's speed in the text file and it was over 200.

I didn't know enemies could be faster than the Kaiser Dragon in the Dragon's Den if you hasted him. Tongue

I do look forward to playing the final dungeon this time, since it's going to be different, and this will be the first time I beat FF6 in a very long time, and that last time didn't count because I use the Game Genie Code for extra health when you started. I didn't know it was going to be 3500 extra HP.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
I was wondering... how' bout finding a way to put in muddle R-Chaos caster and then leave him alone in the party(it would make things easier) and hoping he autocasts Engulf? Laugh
Trust me, that would really be "Beyond Chaos" since you'd have early access to Gogo's Lair, then 2 questions would be natural:
1) what if you leave from Gogo's Lair early access using Teleport?
2) what if you exit from the normal exit? i believe that you might or might not teleported in upper-right corner of WoB, but there would be good chances that you are abandoned in WoR triangle island

But what now really interests me is... what if you do that in "Ancient/Speedcave" modes? where in the hell would you return?!? and theorically it's the only way to access WoR, since they are one single dungeon game modes.

PS. how 'bout changing R-Chaos command name into B-Chaos name? (B stands for Beyond Tongue )
It's the ultimate R-command, the most representative command of Beyond Chaos and it would immediately jump to the eye of the player, among the whole R-commands list, especially if they're trying to make it appear.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Have you seen some of the videos of people using Engulf as a consequence of the Sketch bug? When you leave Gogo's Lair by the normal exit, you end up in the WoR. It is possible to avoid being stranded there as well, so you can actually do major sequence breaks that way! This would be the only way to do this sequence break in Beyond Chaos because the Sketch bug is patched.

I think that leaving Gogo's Lair using Warp would merely bring you to wherever your overworld co-ordinates were last set to. But I'm not really sure, and I don't know how it would interact with the different maps.

The easiest way to defeat the final boss is to sit on the first tier spamming R-Chaos until you get BabaBreath or something. This skips the rest of the fight.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Actually, the Sketch bug is not patched, but sometimes you don't even have a Sketch command so R-Chaos would be the only way to cast Engulf.

As for using Engulf in the cave modes... I didn't think about that. Right now I think it would put you in a random map in the cave, at weird coordinates. You probably wouldn't be able to continue.

I've done the Engulf sequence break a lot. If you warp out, you go back to where you were in WoB. If you leave Gogo's cave normally, you end up on the triangle island in WoR. The speedrun route doesn't use Engulf at all, but it sets the "engulf status" using the sketch glitch so that you can land your airship on triangle island and pick it up in WoR.

https://github.com/abyssonym/beyondchaos
Beyond Chaos is a full-game randomizer for FF6.

Status
None
Okay, what the heck is going on here.
Number 024 is healing every turn by spamming ice rabbit. Can you make the code not give him that? Smile

A fight with him shouldn't take 40 minutes. Smile

Okay, got him by reloading R-Chaos spam until it actually did enough attacks with high damage to kill him.
Blowfish helped at least.
And Quasar.
  Find

Status
Atma
How much Ice Rabbit healed?
That's just bad luck from randomization: i don't think it's a good idea removing that, at this point any following boss of WoB with that script would have to remove Ice Rabbit from his skill list, so it's pointless...
PS. with R-Chaos it shouldn't be a big problem to deal with it. Tongue

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
The ice rabbit literally healed more than anything I could damage him with besides skills from R-Chaos.
So, yes, it is not exactly a good idea to let it be that annoying.

Not only that, he sometimes would heal from every attack in a row, as a counter.

Regardless, the fight ended, I'm hopefully not going to get trolled by the escape boss, and the cranes.
Number 024 was my version of your clock boss. Tongue Except I didn't have super balls.

Also, 4xlore and 4xphys sometimes slap your party for randomly high levels of damage.
4xphys did 7000+ to all my party members once. I think that might need a look at.

I'm not trying to be super annoying, but imagine trying to fight him without R-Chaos, and dealing 95% of the healing every time you figured out his wallchange. And he would heal 250% of that damage by the time you did.
You literally could not win without him running out of MP. Smile
  Find

Status
Atma
Uhm... at this point i guess Ice Rabbit should have his spell rank increased(Abyssonym's way to classify spells in the code)

PS. have you tried to exploit him with some nasty status? when a battle is appearently impossible, in BC there's often at least 1 status to whom the enemy is weak.

PS.(2) Super Ball was a thing, but without mimic it was a single use... the chances of getting Mimic were the same of getting R-Chaos(unless the odds depends on the command)
I believe there was no way to win that battle in WoB if i didn't have both Super Ball and Mimic... let's call it a draw? Wink

Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Since Number 024 has that move naturally, would increasing the rank of Ice Rabbit even help here?

Number 024 is naturally weak to Sleep and Imp, so if Beyond Chaos didn't change anything (and you have one of them) you could make use of that.

Confused Moogles FTW